New firmware available - with media server feature :)

Just had an email from Humax suggesting that users with the beta test software installed would need to apply a separate update to change the system ID prior to applying the 1.02.20 update. Attached to the mail is a 158byte HDF file...

Please excuse the duplication. I posted this on AV Forums too.

If your having issues with USB then your not alone. I used my 1GB Kingston USB to update our HDR-FOX with no problems however our HD-FOX did not see the same USB stick once formatted and loaded with the HD firmware. I had to use a micro mmc with USB adapter in the end. Just keep trying :)

It's been a long time coming however I'm pleased we can now stream content both SD and HD from our HDR-FOX in the lounge to our HD-FOX in the bedroom. I don't think Humax should be worried about XBMC or Windows media player compatibility. If Humax can get their own kit working together in harmony they will really appeal to the older generation who don't need the hassle of installing codecs etc. A few improvements and I'll be very happy with the set up.

1. If using Humax equipment I think the streamed content i.e. HDR to HD should display with identical UI. In other words the file and folder names should be the same and in the same order.
2. Subtitles, bookmarks, resume, file deletion and the ability to set up new recordings should be transferable.
3. Have the ability to set Network or HDR-FOX as the default media folder on the HD-FOX.

On a side note the use of FF and REW buttons do not match that on the HDR-FOX when streaming a video and can't be adjusted on the HD-FOX without a hard drive. Last wish would be that the Humax could handle ripped DVD's with full trick play. They can keep the mk, avi etc just for that one ability. :)

Has anyone been able to test the SD /HD sound disparity problem?
Ta.

Just had an email from Humax suggesting that users with the beta test software installed would need to apply a separate update to change the system ID prior to applying the 1.02.20 update. Attached to the mail is a 158byte HDF file...

afaik this only applies to beta testers with the test Sky portal. The public beta giving recording capability should not be affected.

This post from Barry refers

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-will-be-available-very-soon/page/2?quote=1421#postform

Both boxes OTA update starts on 6th July

Has anyone been able to test the SD /HD sound disparity problem?
Yes, it was one of the first things I checked when I installed the upgrade last night. I found no significant difference in audio volume between the SD and HD versions of BBC One, STV and Channel 4. That was having switched the digital audio output to "stereo" so that the HD audio volume was adjustable rather than fixed.

Just have to wait and see now whether this has introduced any new problems like the clipping issue that emerged last time they tried to fix the audio volume mis-match. And, for those with multichannel setups, hope that it hasn't degraded the quality of their audio.

yeah i've checked and the sound on both SD and HD seems balanced, even on something that i recorded on sunday i dont have to increase the volume to hear it now

Thanks all. I've just seen the upgrade so will be having a go tonight. Is there a `problems list` area we could keep our gripes recorded on for the next upgrade. Assuming they haven't fixed everthing at once! Mine does suffer from the `no input` when it is recording so I'll see how that is.

has anyone managed to watch anything using the media server

my windows pc sees the humax, and media player sees the files but wont play, just installed XBMC but that cant see the humax has yet

One small thing I found.....

I've now got a pair of HDR-T2s and using the media player one can access and play SD and HD files on the other, as expected.
However there was a film that I'd recorded on both that had 5.1 surround sound. When I played the local copy the amplifier switched to 5.1 mode. But when it accessed the remote copy on the other box it only played back in stereo. I can't think of any reason for this so not sure if it's a fault or feature?

i've not renamed it, appears to be correct, every other time its not needed renaming
Sorry, my bad, there was a time when the download had to be renamed, but that seems to have gone now it is packaged as a zip.

Update: I just ran the update - no hitches.

Add me to the list - can't seem to shake off the info/progress bar when using iPlayer.
It worked ok for me when I tried it late last night, but I have just tried it again and it is is now staying on all of the time, and the elapsed time is not advancing.

Bugger that! It will be going back to 07. Trouble is I'll have to keep reloading 07 every time there's an OTA.

Strangely when I try to watch files from the humax on any of my pcs I get stuttering and only a partial picture but when I access the humax from my PS3 everything works fine. :confused:

Typical Humax. Months of "testing" and they release something with such a fundamental flaw as the iPlayer progress bar staying permanently on.
Renders the portal unuseable for me, so back to the old version with the really annoying SD/HD volume difference.

Typical Humax. Months of "testing" and they release something with such a fundamental flaw as the iPlayer progress bar staying permanently on.
Renders the portal unuseable for me, so back to the old version with the really annoying SD/HD volume difference.
It could well be a BBC issue, as it worked properly after I updated my firmware yesterday.

Back