New firmware available - with media server feature :)

iplayer works in hd and banner goes away. performance seems quicker too. problems with navigation i saw earlier have gone.

I haven't tried it the other way round (viewing files on the PC that were recorded on the Hummy) yet. But it would be usefull to copy them to the PC (Backup) as I keep filling the 500G disc up and have to delete.
You can't use the DLNA server for backup, it only does streaming.

For backup you can use the FTP server (which was available in the previous firmware version). The backed-up files won't be viewable on the PC as they are encrypted on the HDR's hard disc, but they can be FTPed back to the same HDR for viewing. If you want to be able to view them on the PC, or on another Humax box (eg a replacement for a failed one), then you need to decrypt them first, which involves copying them to a USB device plugged in to the Humax. Once you've done that you can FTP them from the USB device - or just take the USB device and plug it in to the PC...

did you enable "content Share" on humax under menu>settings>system>internet setting>content share ON?

Me too, it doesn't appear on my computer :(
iPlayer and everything else works perfectly so it's obviously connected to my router.

did you enable "content Share" on humax under menu>settings>system>internet setting>content share ON?

Hi guys

Just updated my Hummy, but struggling with streaming.

Like some other I can't get anything from the PC. I can stream from the PC to the Hummy fine, but from Win7 I can't even see the device.

Yes I turned sharing on (though I will double check next time the Mrs lets go the remote)
Tried disabling the firewall - no change

Some people have said it works with vlc - maybe a daft question, but how do I get vlc to connect with it??

Thanks

Tim.C

Hi guys

Just updated my Hummy, but struggling with streaming.

Like some other I can't get anything from the PC. I can stream from the PC to the Hummy fine, but from Win7 I can't even see the device.

Yes I turned sharing on (though I will double check next time the Mrs lets go the remote)
Tried disabling the firewall - no change

Some people have said it works with vlc - maybe a daft question, but how do I get vlc to connect with it??

Thanks

Tim.C

only got it working with XBMC. I don't know why wmp doesn't work with it.

Hmm - in my media streaming option, under all network, I have an unknown device that has a MAC that makes me think it is the Hummy.

So it is there, I just can't see it anywhere useful....

So I downloaded and tried XBMC - not seen that before - and it works perfectly :)

Still don't understand why the OS can't see it though!

Still don't understand why the OS can't see it though!

I'm no expert, but I imagine the Humax is not responding to the type of network requests the OS is sending out to find devices - which is quite reasonable if the OS is not searching for a DLNA device.

Back