New firmware available - with media server feature :)

HDMI problems persist for me...loses audio, only way to get out back is a reboot using the switch. Sad they can't implement a standard protocol when so much else is good. Have to send it back and look for an alternative.

HDMI problems persist for me...loses audio, only way to get out back is a reboot using the switch. Sad they can't implement a standard protocol when so much else is good. Have to send it back and look for an alternative.

What make and model of TV?

Hi guys,

I am able to stream from the humax to windows 7 pc no probs. Anyone know of an app for iphone that allows you to stream from humax to iphone? Have tried a few all can see the folder>files on the humax but are unable to playback .ts files

thanks

I've just tried XBMC and that's not working either, under UPNP devices the list is empty :(

Just to check you are doing same as me: Switch on Humax for a few minutes to be sure it has fully booted, open XBMC (X Box Media Center), click Videos, Add source, Browse, uPnP devices and you should see it. If not I reckeon there is somewhere in your Windows settings that allows file sharing. I have been streaming from my PC to Humax since the last update and can't remember what I did.

I'm really annoyed! I struggled half yesterday to get the Hummy media server to provide something - anything - to Windows devices. The only success I had was with XBMC. VLC nada; WMP no way. I tried the Mediatomb server and things got worse: even XBMC couldn't see it.

Today a couple of new 4MB USB sticks arrived from 7dayshop and I used one of them to set up a bootable installation of Linux Mint with persistence using Linux Live USB Creator. It's virtually a complete OS on a stick and, being Mint, comes with a full set of codecs, VLC etc. What do you know? VLC in my play linux OS-on-a-stick sees the Hummy media server perfectly! Mkv files are OK, but not Hummy HD. Grr. You just open VLC, switch to Playlist view, click Local Network, and there is the option for uPnP devices, complete with the HDR Fox-T2. I can view 720p mkv files over a g-class wireless link in perfect sync and never a stutter with VLC on my 5-year old laptop.

So I boot back into Vista, open up VLC, playlist view, Local Network..... no uPnP option.

I'm not a Linux nut, but things like this could lead me astray. Anyone got any idea what it is in Windows that needs to be tweaked to persuade it to do what Mint does out of the box?

So I boot back into Vista, open up VLC, playlist view, Local Network..... no uPnP option.

I already have VLC and Windows Media Player installed on my Vista laptop. I expect at least one of them to work with the Humax media server. I have no intention of installing yet another item of software, the more I install the less stable the machine gets. I don't care what XBMC is or what it does, I'm not installing it. Humax need to sort this out, or at least offer guidance on what does and does not work.

my wmp saw the hummy as soon as i started sharing, and thumbnails for everything on there are visible. just trying to play something now, but seems to have closed itself down now??

tried again and seems to work fine, not sure that i'll ever want to use it in reverse tho. tversity is superb, and i use it a lot to watch stuff off pc downstairs via homeplug

I don't remember seeing any mention of Windows Media Centre. Is it supposed to access DLNA services do you think? And if so, how?

Just to check you are doing same as me: Switch on Humax for a few minutes to be sure it has fully booted, open XBMC (X Box Media Center), click Videos, Add source, Browse, uPnP devices and you should see it. If not I reckeon there is somewhere in your Windows settings that allows file sharing. I have been streaming from my PC to Humax since the last update and can't remember what I did.

Managed to get it to work - YAY! I turned everything off on my PC, all sharing options for the network etc. Rebooted and then started sharing everything again through the Control Panel. In Win7 it looks like you have to select "Media Streaming as ON" in the advanced settings before it'll work.

Windows now sees it and XBMC plays the files. Only just had a quick fiddle before I have to leave for work, I'll do some more extensive testing tonight if I get the chance to. No idea why it didn't work originally, guess the old IT desk suggestion of "turning it off/on" worked a treat this time, lol

Hello - bit of a newbie question - but should I get this latest update automatically over the air just by leaving my Hummy on standby? It hasn't turned up yet!

Hello - bit of a newbie question - but should I get this latest update automatically over the air just by leaving my Hummy on standby? It hasn't turned up yet!

My HD FOX T2 updated overnight OK. Do you get all three psb mux including the HD one ?

I think I do get the HD channels (don't have a HD ready TV yet though - the Hummy was "phase 1" of my digital/HD upgrade process!!) - I'll check when I get back home. So if I do, the update should just appear magically overnight?

I think I do get the HD channels (don't have a HD ready TV yet though - the Hummy was "phase 1" of my digital/HD upgrade process!!) - I'll check when I get back home. So if I do, the update should just appear magically overnight?

its easy to do with a pen drive, if you didnt get the OTA

It should have updated by now. The dtg site does not say but I think the OTA is transmitted on the HD mux. Anyone know for sure ?

It should have updated by now. The dtg site does not say but I think the OTA is transmitted on the HD mux. Anyone know for sure ?

Yes, it's only on the HD Mux. You can tell from the DTG site because it is in the table that has <Freeview Icon> HD at the top - not as obvious as it might be though.

Back