New firmware available - with media server feature :)

AVForums is reporting the iPlayer problem exists whether 1.02.07 or 1.02.20, so it seems to be "the other end" somewhere. Saves me going up that blind alley.

Tried YouTube from the Portal this morning. I can access it, and search OK, but nothing will play. Anyone else finding the same?

iPlayer is completely unusable this morning - just a static home page with no navigation and no response to input. Is this progress?

Can anyone who previously had HDMI problems report whether this firmware has solved their problems? I had both video and audio lockups that required a reboot of the Humax on my Samsung 5-series LCDTV and have been using SCART instead of HDMI. Not observed the problem so far, but it's too early to tell.

Positives:

The media server works well with XBMC on the iPad (but only for SD, HD is not listed)

The BBC iPlayer is a bit more responsive

Negatives:

The progress bar on iPlayer, but it sounds like it could be fixed at the server end.

No HD content in the media server.

I think you would get HD content if your client was another Humax, or if you use the hack to remove the ENC flag (and have the right codecs).

Is there anything special one has to do to make the new DLNA service accessible on the network? I naively plugged an ethernet string directly from the HDR to a DS media player STB and selected "home media" (with a DLNA banner) expecting it would find the Humax and index the content, but it just came up with nothing found. There don't seem to be any settings on the DS.

iPlayer is completely unusable this morning - just a static home page with no navigation and no response to input. Is this progress?

Post on My Humax from Barry. Humax are aware of the problem and investigating. It's not firmware related my HD FOX T2 is still on the old firmware (till tommorow) and also does not work.

Is there anything special one has to do to make the new DLNA service accessible on the network? I naively plugged an ethernet string directly from the HDR to a DS media player STB and selected "home media" (with a DLNA banner) expecting it would find the Humax and index the content, but it just came up with nothing found. There don't seem to be any settings on the DS.

Nothing on the box itself; it worked fine on my network. XBMC and WPM picked it up straight away without any configuration.

Nothing on the box itself; it worked fine on my network. XBMC and WPM picked it up straight away without any configuration.

Same here - just had to turn it on in settings via the remote and it was seen on the network.

Same here - just had to turn it on in settings via the remote and it was seen on the network.
It was on by default after I upgraded my box. VLC on my iMac sees it OK. Streaming seems a bit variable. Worked fine Monday night; tried again last night and it was dire, huge pauses.

What settings? .... Ah! "Content share = ON". I'm sure I didn't see that last night!

Right, I'm off to have another go, and if that doesn't work try a cross-over wire.

"Not Found" again. So I spent 5 minutes tracking down my cross-over, and when I came back... the Humax was on the list! I was able to navigate the content, but radio recordings had a slight stutter to the sound and SD TV had blocky decoding (and the same stutter on sound). In fact, similar to when I tried a TS file on a USB stick.

Not good enough to be worth using. I assume the DS is the main problem.

I think you would get HD content if your client was another Humax, or if you use the hack to remove the ENC flag (and have the right codecs).
I have streamed HD content from my HDR to my HD, but am not able to do this the other way round, as the HD does not have the share content option, so is not seen by the HDR.

Have you? I tried with Windows Media Player & it could see the files, but not play them. XBMC works okay so it's not a big problem. Shame ffwd/rwnd or skipping through the video doesn't work. Does that work for you in WPM?

I can't even see the files. My Vista laptop (32 bit) can see the HDR Fox T2 server and launches Windows Media Player when I double click on it, but I don't see any video files at all.

My Hummy saw and streamed all music, jpg's and vidoes from my Windows7 PC straightaway without having to do any setup at all ,so I was impressed. I'm sure the Hummy would do a better job of producing a decent picture quality to the TV than my PC (even though it has a reasonable HDMI graphics card). At first it didn't show much but it seems to be doing some indexing as the list grew as I left it.
I haven't tried it the other way round (viewing files on the PC that were recorded on the Hummy) yet. But it would be usefull to copy them to the PC (Backup) as I keep filling the 500G disc up and have to delete. SD/HD sound is fixed, will checkout the youtube tonight.

I'm getting the impression that Windows 7 "sees" the Hummy media player OK but that it's a real labour with Vista. Can anyone confirm or contradict this assumption?

I'm using Vista and can only see it via XBMC. WMP and VLC are non-starters.

XBMC cant find the humax, it is a new program for me though so probably not set something.

wmp sees the files but wont play anything

So far I have installed new firmware without any problem. Windows 7 sees it as a media device but WMP doesn't see any files. The SD files (recorded tv) can only be seen by using XBMC which I used for the first time today. XBMC can only see the folders for HD content but not the files as they are Encrypted.

I'm getting the impression that Windows 7 "sees" the Hummy media player OK but that it's a real labour with Vista. Can anyone confirm or contradict this assumption?

I'm using Vista and can only see it via XBMC. WMP and VLC are non-starters.

my windows 7 systems (both laptop & desktop) cannot see the hummy media player either in windows explorer network connections or windows media player. However XBMC on same systems works perfectly !!

Back