New firmware available - with media server feature :)

Foxy still works - at least, it clears the Enc flag, though I haven't actually transferred a file with USB to check that it is properly decoded.
I can confirm that the functionality of Foxy has been unaffected by the new firmware. I transferred a short Enc HD clip to USB after 'Foxing' the hmt file. Transferred it to PC and played it back successfully with VLC.
Now we just need af123 to update the new firmware with his mods and we'll be ready to rock'n'roll again. :D

curses, i cant do it!! used the same usb stick i've always used but now it has a lot of recordings on it too. now when machine comes on instead of downloading the new firmware it just says usb laoding, then gives me option of video music or photos

anything i can do without having to delete all the recordings?

file is named correctly and is just in the root, not in any folder

A couple of backend changes to the networking setup..
  • A local caching mini-DNS server runs by default (it was the same in the HD bea);
  • By default the OpenDNS and Google DNS servers are added to the list of DNS servers configured through the setup menus or DHCP (I wonder if they should tell users ? :))
  • If DHCP fails, the box allocates itself a link-local address.

Now we just need af123 to update the new firmware with his mods and we'll be ready to rock'n'roll again. :D

I'm working on it. I'm also rolling in some other changes I've been working on which provide hooks I'll need to implement remote scheduling...

Great stuff af123. It's a pity Humax can't respond to users wants and needs as quickly as the modders do. !

still no luck, deleted the files from usb and hard drive, re downloaded and extracted it, then copied just the hdf over to usb stick. fox switched off, usb stick in, fox back on, same result. choice of file types on usb. even tried standby, off at back, usb in, on at back, out of standby, full boot and still no luck. any help please?

like i say same usb as i used for last two, except now it has several recordings on it, def not put file in folders and its def named correctly, dated 15/06 i think?

recording stuff now until late on, so wont be able to try until tomorrow now, could be that the notes with latest firmware say use on/off button at back, whereas the guide i posted link to on humax OS says use standby?

maybe idea to have sticky for idiots like me?

still no luck... any help please?

It looks like you're doing everything right. Usually the box should immediately go into the fimware update screen when you bring it out of a full standby with the USB stick in. Are you running modded firmware? If you are, just in case we can spot something, telnet in with the disk connected and run a couple of commands.

Code:
humax# ls -l /media/drive1
humax# ls -l /media/drive1 | xxd
humax# fdisk -l

(assuming /media/drive1 is where the USB stick gets mounted)

could be that the notes with latest firmware say use on/off button at back, whereas the guide i posted link to on humax OS says use standby?

Yes, that is odd but could just be confusion between the HD and HDR models. The HD instructions have always said to remove power. Or they could just be trying to get everyone to do a full reboot at the same time to try and minimise problems.

Hello (first post).

Seems like a bummer - Humax appear to have taken the download offline: Unless I'm being really stupid, the download page shows the release notes for various firmwares, with download links, but for HDR T2 v1.02.20 there's only rel notes and no download link at the mo :-(

still no luck, deleted the files from usb and hard drive, re downloaded and extracted it, then copied just the hdf over to usb stick. fox switched off, usb stick in, fox back on, same result. choice of file types on usb. even tried standby, off at back, usb in, on at back, out of standby, full boot and still no luck. any help please?

like i say same usb as i used for last two, except now it has several recordings on it, def not put file in folders and its def named correctly, dated 15/06 i think?

recording stuff now until late on, so wont be able to try until tomorrow now, could be that the notes with latest firmware say use on/off button at back, whereas the guide i posted link to on humax OS says use standby?

maybe idea to have sticky for idiots like me?
I tried my usual USB flash drive with just the new hdf file on it, and used the box switched off at the back method as usual. This did not work for me this time, so I tried the same method with a different USB flash drive, and this worked straight away.

Hello (first post).

Seems like a bummer - Humax appear to have taken the download offline: Unless I'm being really stupid, the download page shows the release notes for various firmwares, with download links, but for HDR T2 v1.02.20 there's only rel notes and no download link at the mo :-(
Try here.

Edit: raydon beat me to it.:)

The media server works fine with XBMC on my iPad :) Saves me the work of copying the files to virtual first, at least for SD.

not using modded stuff, dont realy understand what that is and how to do it so have left well alone

have tried 3 more times this morning with same result, this time switched off and on using back switch, humax screen, green flash and tv picture every time, no sign of an update?

dont understand why having files on the stick would affect it, but this seems the likely cause. its only usb i own unfortunately.

will prob copy files off it while i update

aaargh!! transferred files, formatted stick fat32, put the hdf file back on and exactly the same result, humax screen, green flash, usb stick lit up a few times, then tv pictures

what on earth am i doing wrong?? the file is def named correctly, its dated 14/6/11 23:05 and is 18,682 kb

same again, bugger, bad start to my day off!!

so it shouldnt bring up tv pictures but just head straight into the update once unit is powered on? what have a i done wrong, stick has been formatted, files has been upzipped, cant think of anything else? whens the ota??!!

Back