New firmware available - with media server feature :)

Tried clearing the flag. Same difference. The Humax media server can't see the virtual drive, but if you install Mediatomb on the Humax, it's configured by default to see the virtual drive and can stream both SD and HD decrypted files from it. (If you can get UPnP to work at all, that is....)

I have to say that the whole process gets pretty clumsy and time-consuming. Decrypting HD files can put your whole day on hold.

Possible heads up on the 'Windows can't see the Hummy, but XBMC etc can'

Tonight I was doing some PC house keeping, and finally got round to installing the SP1 that has been sitting in the auto update for a while. When it finished and rebooted, there was the Hummy straight away. Also WMP saw it straight away as well - though it wouldn't play anything due to no codec.

This might explain the confusion - it only works with SP1 (or one of the included updates). First rule of PC trouble shooting - always make sure you have the latest drivers and updates installed ;-)

I still can't see radio recordings though - which is a bit of a pain.

Problems with the YouTube in the update.

Whilst I am really pleased with the YouTube implentation, using it to search for music videos and programmes from distant years.
I have noticed that some videos play, whilst others when selected do nothing - the info, heading and related videos appear but the video will not play.
Has anyone else had any issues with this, or could explain what the problem could be?

Problems with the YouTube in the update.

Whilst I am really pleased with the YouTube implentation, using it to search for music videos and programmes from distant years.
I have noticed that some videos play, whilst others when selected do nothing - the info, heading and related videos appear but the video will not play.
Has anyone else had any issues with this, or could explain what the problem could be?

under music i couldn't get anything to play

Hmm, I wonder whether XBMC will support it in a future version.. or maybe it does & I need to update the version I've got installed :)

[Edit] - Nope.. no luck with the latest version. Anyone been able to get HD to show up on a Windows box?

I think I might be having a blonde moment!!

I posted a week ago if anyone has successfully streamed from their Hummy to Windows 7 (without using any third party software). I have checked & double checked both Hummy & Windows 7 settings and the only strange setting I have come across is under 'Media streaming options' in Windows 7 there is the option - Show devices on, and the pull down menu to choose either 'Local network' or 'All networks'. Under Local network only the Windows 7 PC is visible, yet under All networks, all of my devices including Android phone, Windows XP PC, and my Hummy are there. I have tried changing numerous settings with no difference e.g. Firewall on/off, or changing Public/Work/Private networks.

Has anyone had to change from DHCP to Manual on their Hummy to enable media sharing?

I'm pulling my hair out (& confused):confused:

Can anyone help please??

I think I might be having a blonde moment!!

I posted a week ago if anyone has successfully streamed from their Hummy to Windows 7 (without using any third party software). I have checked & double checked both Hummy & Windows 7 settings and the only strange setting I have come across is under 'Media streaming options' in Windows 7 there is the option - Show devices on, and the pull down menu to choose either 'Local network' or 'All networks'. Under Local network only the Windows 7 PC is visible, yet under All networks, all of my devices including Android phone, Windows XP PC, and my Hummy are there. I have tried changing numerous settings with no difference e.g. Firewall on/off, or changing Public/Work/Private networks.

Has anyone had to change from DHCP to Manual on their Hummy to enable media sharing?

I'm pulling my hair out (& confused):confused:

Can anyone help please??

the way i got it working on windows 7 was to use third party software (direct show filters)

download Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow
install both

when playing a file goto fta which should be in the hidden icons (bottom right) right click and open haali media splitter (ar)

goto output , where it says force fake 25 ftp , make sure its yes

i also increased some of the buffers

hope this helped

Thanks Framedtoo but I don't think it's a codec issue. I have already installed them with no luck.

I am convinced now that is a network issue somehow, Windows Media Player sees the Hummy and I can navigate to choose Video, Music, etc, and if I try to select 'All Video' then I get the error message 'The remote Media Library did not allow connections, please contact the device manufacturer' briefly followed by 'No files have been found on this remote library'. There isn't much to play with in terms of settings on the Hummy and have tried all of them and connected by Ethernet or Wirelessly with no difference.

My Windows 7 Media player will see Windows XP machines & vice versa no problem, the only device on my network that Windows 7 does not successfully stream with is my Hummy.:(

Are you trying to steam HD or SD files? HD ones won't work due to the copy-protection. Also have you tried XBMC? It's a free download and seems to work for most people (myself included).

I have tried to stream both HD & SD makes no difference. I have tried using XBMC and while it can see the Hummy on the network it cannot see individual video files similar to using Windows Media Player.

If it is of any useful info, I cannot stream from my Hummy to my Android phone either but they can be 'seen'.

I have my Humax streaming to WMP in windows 7 . Only thing I can suggest is to make sure UPNP device host is running ( control panel> administrative tools>services) also on open WMP and top right of the page there's a tab stream , on the drop down box make sure streaming options are enabled. Hope it helps.
If you want to stream to your Android I posted how to on another thread.

Yep, UPnP service is running, (was manual & changed it to automatic with no change) are any other services required to allow streaming?

I know that this is possible as many people on this forum will testify, as I was sent a beta firmware from Humax a while ago (I think it was 1.01.15) and it worked a treat! I then upgraded OTA and streaming was lost, very frustrating.

Back