New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

I take it that the hat fitted you OK then ? :D
Having been the target of your outbursts before, I know full well where that was aimed. I may not agree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it.

Black Hole, Please don't think I'm being rude but have you ever considered that you might have Aspergers Syndrome?
From what you quoted? Weird! If by "Aspergers" (sic) you mean "normal for somebody of stratospheric IQ", then yes, possibly.

The first one sounds like a DSO, with the custom software you can block these and will also restore your schedule after a retune. Someone was trying to tell BH you don't need to block these now since there aren't any, but there are always changes to channel line ups that the broadcaster can toogle a retune against if they so wish. Now when does the new London local channel start... Soon. So may be that was the objective. I block DSO via the custom software.

Thank you for your detailed reply, that would explain the two boxes on Crystal Palace retuning.
The "This channel is scrambled or un available" message on the SD version of BBC3 remains a mystery.

Having been the target of your outbursts before, I know full well where that was aimed. I may not agree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it.
How melodramatic B.H. but typical. Was that a quote ftom Voltair, or was it Evelyn Beatrice Hall ?
No one is expecting you to die for anything, let alone my "outbursts" or when you post, your "opinions". My post was not targeted at you specifically, but all those who choose to litter threads with long winded debate regarding the meaning of this or that word, or abbreviation.
I merely suggested that those wishing to split hairs regarding such like, should direct their posts to the hummy arms where esoteric debates like Assume v Presume abound. That way, readers genuinely seeking information on the topic of a thread would not have to wade through pages of trivia in the hope of finding information that is actually useful.

And I don't agree with Mrs Snowmans comments. Keyboard incontinence definitely doesn't qualify as a sign of Aspergers syndrome.

Thank you for your detailed reply, that would explain the two boxes on Crystal Palace retuning.
The "This channel is scrambled or un available" message on the SD version of BBC3 remains a mystery.
At the minute the knowable guys are scrapping with each other. It has been talked about before. I just keep to the HD channels where possible but I do get reports sometimes on play back that the signal was lost. They tend to play fine or have a wobble but no real loss. The only other thing is whether you have a back of the aeriel MUX tuned in by accident. 1.03.12 on auto tune does sort this out if this is the case. In London I only get Crystal Palace but up in north Bucks the older Humax software 1.02.29 and below could create problems so I manual tune. Oxford muxs get in the wrong channel positions and if this happens you get break up etc.

And I don't agree with Mrs Snowmans comments. Keyboard incontinence definitely doesn't qualify as a sign of Aspergers syndrome.

I thought she meant the obsessive behaviour. WP:

"Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behaviour and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation offlinguistic and cognitive development. Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical (peculiar, odd) use of language are frequently reported."

Ie, autistic, but otherwise cognitively normal, not super-intelligent!

Since updating to 1.03.12 I've had two instances of my TV selecting 'VGA' mode for the Humax HDMI input.. I had to restart the Humax to fix it, cycling video formats wasn't enough. Might not be related to the upgrade but I have never seen this behaviour before.

I have seen exactly the same problem you describe since the update to 1.03.12. I normally leave the Humax in standby and when switching it on from the remote and selecting the relevant HDMI input on the (Panasonic) TV, it sometimes selects VGA mode. It's happened more than twice though - probably occurs once in three switch ons. The only way I've found to remedy the situation is to restart the Humax as you describe. I have never seen this problem before the 1.03.12 update. Seems like it stands a good chance of being related to that.

my box has updated itself to 1.03.12 and the EPG is really dopey. holding the right arrow key used to whizz along the time line. now it steps slowly. how can i downgrade to a previous version. the remote is new with new batteries

thanks Mr Hole, i've reverted to 1.02.32 and the EPG is much much better. briefly whats the advantage with the custom firmware. i've considered it a time or two but just can't motivate myself into doing it.

briefly whats the advantage with the custom firmware. i've considered it a time or two but just can't motivate myself into doing it.

I was going to say "It's awesome", but that isn't really true. It's actually quite understated, but provides the possibility to have a few or lots (you choose) of little utilities.
Like Undelete - a recycle bin with timed 'actual' deletion (makes hitting Delete much less of a worry ... "Dad! Where's that programme I wanted to watch gone?"
Or Redring - make that front panel show you how many recordings are running ("Oh, good. It's 5 past 9 and it is recording two things like I expected/hoped")
Etc.

is there a wishlist anywhere? i'd really like a true resume play like on my toppy, hit the slow motion button and it starts playing your last recording from where it left off. no need to go media>folder>file>resume. useful if you part watch something and want to pick up where you left off the next day. also it would be nice to export the timer list to a csv file so you don't have to sit there with a pen and paper before you retune the box.

The custom firmware WebIF, automatically backs up you recording schedule daily. You can restore from that backup or set another manual backup if you want.

The custom firmware also attempts to restore the schedule if it finds it has been wiped by a retune, automatically. There is no solution to the resume feature, nothing that can be done in CF.

As far as a wish list goes, there is one knocking around here somewhere, but we are not Humax so it is irrelevant.

Has it all gone silent on what the bug was with the said software, what Humax were planning to fix with it or when the new services that were to be introduced with it, in March might be released. Mushrooms and darkness and customer care spring to mind. :)

Has it all gone silent on what the bug was with the said software, what Humax were planning to fix with it or when the new services that were to be introduced with it, in March might be released. Mushrooms and darkness and customer care spring to mind. :)

That's about the size of it. Entirely typical of Humax these days. How they managed to produce a good product like the HDR Fox T2 when they behave like this is a mystery. It does appear to me that the quality and service are going down as time passes.

They are working on a revised version.

They've been working on a revised one for quite some time now. It took them long enough (about 3 months) to fix the BBC3/4 HD recording bug to start with, and now this further delay. And HD Fox T2 users don't have a fix at all.

Back