New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

It's a matter of opion but Humax should not use a site and a person to front up its communication and piss off its user base in the process. Plenty of other people have been aggitated with the guy in the past. The beta site run by Humax and the Humax guy himself were always open with customers. That guy left Humax, the beta site then withered and is not used. Humax UK then leave beta testers to front up commications in an amateur manner which gets up peoples noses. Mine any way. I'm sure the guy is loveable but its the wrong way of doing it for the customer and Humax.

Regardless of the handbags 'incident' over at MyHumax.org, as an end user, my issue with 1.03.12 is the lagging EPG. Humax are working on it but that is all we know. Regarding a 1.03.xx update for the HD-FOX, I have asked about this at MHO but did not get an answer. I also asked Humax customer services, who did not know if an update is planned. I take it from this that there is no HD-FOX update coming, but this is speculation on my part. Therein lies the problem: nature abhors a vacuum and the vacuum is filled with the gas of speculation. Regarding the HDR update, Humax will have a development and testing schedule planned. The same will be true for any HD update, if they intend to release one. So some people in the organisation know what is going on. With all the lines of communication available why don't they communicate? How's about something in the Humax Twitter feed, or an update in one of Graham North's e-mails? Or even why not put UK customer services in the loop? I don't understand why there is not someone employed by Humax with a proactive communication role.

Censorship on here is worse than on there. I see my relatively innocuous comments have been removed again .
Seems like B**** effectively controls things here as well.

I don't understand why there is not someone employed by Humax with a proactive communication role.

This just seems to be how Humax is setup.. its mainly engineers with a few customer service and a direct sales office.. The majority of engineers are based in S.Korea and are probably not fluent english speakers..

Censorship on here is worse than on there. I see my relatively innocuous comments have been removed again .
Seems like B**** effectively controls things here as well.
Would you care to explain what you are referring to?

This just seems to be how Humax is setup.. its mainly engineers with a few customer service and a direct sales office.. The majority of engineers are based in S.Korea and are probably not fluent english speakers..
I had assumed like a Japanese company that Humax would be good with customer care but here could be the communication issue that they don't realise customers are feeling under served since the guy that looked after the Beta testing site left. Eccentricity of the beta testers themselves via their own site(s) doesn't make up for good customer care. Oh well we can live in hope that Humax may sometime have a Freeview Connected PVR offering that could continue where the HDR left off, if the concept of putting the "Freeview Connected" standard when published marries up to "PVR". The former with HDR functionality and a touch of custom software would be good.

Would you care to explain what you are referring to?
Like I said, somebody removed my message which was posted between #320 and #322.
I presume whoever did it objected to my mild criticism of the B***y person.

I had assumed like a Japanese company that Humax would be good with customer care but here could be the communication issue that they don't realise customers are feeling under served since the guy that looked after the Beta testing site left. Eccentricity of the beta testers themselves via their own site(s) doesn't make up for good customer care. Oh well we can live in hope that Humax may sometime have a Freeview Connected PVR offering that could continue where the HDR left off, if the concept of putting the "Freeview Connected" standard when published marries up to "PVR". The former with HDR functionality and a touch of custom software would be good.

My fear is that Freeview Connected will be seen as a streaming thing and therefore different to a PVR. All the talk has been about getting it into TVs. But this is off topic for this thread.

Read the last two pages of this thread and it will make sense

I'm subscribed to that thread. Having re-read the last two pages they seem fairly innocuous to me. Barry's heart is in the right place, he's doing his best under difficult circumstances. It's not his fault Humax don't employ someone to do communications with customers properly.

Barry has consistently been the best source of information regarding developments at Humax and we would all be worse off without his input. The sometimes lacking communication from Humax is the responsibility of Humax.

I would agree. Humax should should get back on top of being out word facing with their software upgrades explaining what they are doing rather than Barry acting as their voice wearing his colours on his sleeve and getting hot and bothered in the process. Beta testers only telling the story they can tell and talking down to people is going to annoy some people. Its a professional job.

I note that on the HD the 1.27. software now tells you that it doesn't support radio iPlayer now. So things are unraveling. I'm sure it will say the same under HDR version.

My fear is that Freeview Connected will be seen as a streaming thing and therefore different to a PVR. All the talk has been about getting it into TVs. But this is off topic for this thread.
Still slightly off topic, I suspect it will surface on PVRs to minimise support and to give users the same look and feel but I could be wrong. Humax don't make TVs but an international standard could put it in PVR boxes. That was the issue with Youview it was non standard.

I note that on the HD the 1.27. software now tells you that it doesn't support radio iPlayer now. So things are unraveling. I'm sure it will say the same under HDR version.

I noticed this on my HDR this evening (1.02.32). Not good. Disappointed. Will it ever be fixed?

iPlayer is owned by the bbc, so Humax cannot fix this themselves.

However, update 1.03.12 for the HDR uses a different browser for the tv portal which allows access to the newer version of iPlayer.

Nothing is "unravelling", the bbc are not Humax. The iPlayer website supports a multitude of devices and is constantly refined - it's a website. Someone obviously made a change to the radio section that has had a knock on effect of breaking support for the HD/HDR. It won't be intentional, but it will cost the bbc cash to find the bug and then patch it, so they have probably decided it's not cost effective.

I regard that as unraveling since if that happened to the HDR latest software you would be annoyed that's if you were happy with the new browser, which I am. HD users are in the learch now with an unsupported box as far as iPlayer radio and also the main operating software, unless Humax release 1.03.xx for the HD. Heading nicely into retirement you don't want to be hassled by what you use falling apart when it can be fixed. Your average pensioner isn't going to be crawling around on their knees, uploading fixes, changing boxes (this board I believe has a lot of non average pensioners that are prominent). BootHDR for the HD gets the iPlayer radio back which is what I do when located where the HD box is so thanks to EvilTwin... That is a working solution.

Back