New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

But as I mentioned: iPlayer is not owned by humax. If the bbc want to change something to their product, they can. Even if it breaks compatibility with certain products.

What does being a pensioner have to do with anything? Nobody is forcing anyone to come here, upload anything or change anything. It's all your own choice what you do.

If it's broke, it's broke. Use an alternative solution such as a laptop/computer/iPad. It's common sense. It's entirely your choice to use bootHDR if that's what you want to do, but why would you not just load iPlayer on the device you have just used to telnet into the box?? That is a working solution.

I haven't checked yet, but I presume that other devices running iPlayer V2 software will be suffering the same fate. My sister has an older Samsung blu-ray with said version so I'll check next time I am round there. I guess it is a consequence of the divergence of BBC iPlayer TV and Radio: on iOS and Android they are separate apps. As a beta iPlayer V4 is also available on some devices (e.g newer Samsung TVs and one of the Humax satellite boxes, I think) older versions are going to become obsolete. My hope is that once Humax have fixed the EPG lag and the mystery problem we are not allowed to know about, they will release this for the HDR-FOX and eventually a version for the HD-FOX too. Fingers crossed.

I hope so too. You expect a product life a bit longer than the one that they gave users with the HD box where they haven't upgraded the software. Those HDR users that didn't get the upgrade that was suspended or those that those to downgrade won't be getting the iPlayer radio. The latter being their choice. I place the blame on Humax who chose not to keep up with the BBC iPlayer product cycle and leave people stuffed. This if one doesn't hold Humax to account they will do again one suspects with other ramifications like no TV iPlayer when they choose not to support the product.

I won't reply to second para of Chris's post since he knows full well what I meant.

That's my point though. You can't hold humax to account for a bbc product and a bbc fault!

You are blaming the wrong company.

But they've used a new method of supplying it, instead of either of the existing web sites for downloads (the Betas web site or the main releases one).
By main release one do you mean the Humax UK Support Site? As far as I can see there are no updates at all on that site for any of the current (or obsolete) products

By main release one do you mean the Humax UK Support Site? As far as I can see there are no updates at all on that site for any of the current (or obsolete) products

There use to be two sites, the betas site and I forget what the other one was and what it had on it.

Probably the other site is the Humax UK web pages which funny enough don't show the download on the download page nor the international one:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=476&pid=6

In stages, pretty picture of box

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=476&pid=6#

You click on it and the software release icon and it says "존재하지 않는 상품정보입니다."

Korean

"This item information does not exist."

Basically Barry's download is a direct FTP server where it's been stashed away by Humax but not documented for general release - I would tender that supposition but people could argue about the minuscule detail of the statement and the Korean translation but take that one out on Google.... so no it's not been released to the general public.

But af123 main statement that it's identical to the extracted obviously still stands.

If you download the zip folder you get release notes too. I doubt that the link would have been posted in an open forum without the permission of Humax. Though making it available on an obscure ftp server is the equivalent of putting it on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard' (apologies to the late Douglas Adams).

Attachments

• HDR-FOX%20T2%201.03.12%20Software%20Update.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 13
Well it is their servers they just haven't released it. A repository. Perhaps on the too do list of the web support team.

It doesn't mention the 2TB formatting but perhaps that's a feature that isn't promoted since no factory fitted box would have one unless you plugged in a USB drive. Possible discussion point here :).

I feel like a bozo this morning, but as I'm on 1.02.29 and have no I-player, I've downloaded the zip folder but how do I open the hdf file to send to the USB?

You need to unzip the file, if you click on the zip file on your computer you may find that your operating system can handle the zip file, if so it will show the hdf file and allow you to extract it, if not you will have to install an unzipping program to do the job

Thanks EP, the operating system on my computer can't manage that and I admit to searching the web but got annoyed I couldn't do it quickly so in haste I posted. Head now on the right way round!

Thanks EP, the operating system on my computer can't manage that and I admit to searching the web but got annoyed I couldn't do it quickly so in haste I posted. Head now on the right way round!

An OS that can't open zip files? I don't remember the last time I used anything that old, Windows XP can do it.

You're so right-can't believe myself today, only trying to unzip the unzipped folder! :frantic:

Having a VERY senior moment-but it is sorted now. :doublethumbsup:

Back