New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

That did occur to me whether they fixed the bug of deleting your schedule, but I suspect not, deletion being a feature.
As you say, it isn't a bug but a feature. It was introduced in the early days of implementation of Accurate Recording/Series Link on the 9200T because prior to that people were retuning, picking up a different transmitter and then complaining that recordings were failing. I do agree that Humax should preserve as much of the recording schedule as possible during retunes and it is disappointing that they haven't addressed the issue.

It was pointed out to Humax a long long long time ago.. and they fixed it for the Foxsat.
The fact that it doesn't do this as standard is why is got added in to the webif..

Mine updated this morning - hence a panicked "Help it's not working today'" post earlier! I tried CFW 1.03.11_mod_2.22 over the top of it, but it doesn't seem to work without downgrading first (Let me know if it does, and I'm just doing it wrong!!)
Is there anywhere to download stock firmware 1.03.11? Or should the custom 1.03.11 mod 2.22 work over this new one?

Mine updated this morning - hence a panicked "Help it's not working today'" post earlier!...
I wasn't watching or expecting an OAD.
Two Humax HDRs auto updated. First clue for me was when I couldn't access the webif (even after restarting my router and cold-booting the HDR!) then went to the DTG AODs webpage. Unusual schedule timing, 2am start instead of 10am.
Must now (urgently) refresh on how to do a USB custom firmware install!

Let us know if it works for you after you reinstall it. Custom Firmware doesn't seem to work for me for some reason now I've put it back...

Is there any risk in downgrading to 1.03.06 ?? then installing CFW 1.03.11_mod_2.22?? I don't want to risk bricking it!

No.

When I first went on to CFW 1.03.06, I looped around a bit between non CF and CF using the non CF 1.03.06, although this wasn't suppose to be necessary. Powering down and back up might also be useful. Your'll see that Black Hole says remove all CF etc, but you can get away without doing that. Yes, so I'd downgrade to 1.03.06 not the CF that af123 generated, then upgrade to the CF. Not forgetting to put the disables in and the time blocking back in once finished else you will get the non CF re-installed over the air again.

I wonder if Humax would ever modify the firmware so that it wouldn't/couldn't accept Custom Firmware?

Thankfully neither of my 'in use' HDR's updated as the watch timer and disable-OTA have worked.

I wonder if Humax would ever modify the firmware so that it wouldn't/couldn't accept Custom Firmware?

Thankfully neither of my 'in use' HDR's updated as the watch timer and disable-OTA have worked.

I thought I had done this too Wallace, ..........I obviously hadn't :(

I'm just about to try downgrading from 1.03.12 to 1.03.11/CFW2.22 - I'm guessing that as the OTA is still "live" my Fox will try to update itself to 1.03.12 again tomorrow morning so I'll need to install the disable-OTA?

If you refer to post #81 you will see that MontysEvilTwin has already gone to 1.03.12 and back to 1.03.11/cf2.22 successfully.

If you do revert back to an earlier version with CF don't forget to install "disable-ota" otherwise it will only update again overnight tonight and some time next week.

OMG has anyone tried scrolling through the EPG? I can't believe how slow it is, why on earth have they done that?
You will speed it up if you delete some of the old (obsolete) scheduled recordings - the ones that no longer have a time against them.

I'm back up and running again too! Phew! What was the 'watch timer' technique? I've installed disable-ota but is something else needed too?

OMG has anyone tried scrolling through the EPG? I can't believe how slow it is, why on earth have they done that?

Assuming this is the problem that some people talk about but I don't have, what you do is tidy up all those outstanding programmes and series that have finished. So that's Guide, Schedule (yellow button), page down till you see --/-- and get rid of all of them using the delete (blue button). Having long tails of these unwanted schedule events slows down your EPG. It is 1.03.xx feature. Hopefully that is your issue.

I'm back up and running again too! Phew! What was the 'watch timer' technique? I've installed disable-ota but is something else needed too?

Put in

disable-dso
0.2 Prevents the Humax from presenting the 'please retune' dialogue which defaults to performing a full automatic retune if you don't press anything within three minutes (as of Humax firmware 1.02.27).

disable-ota
0.1 Prevents the Humax from performing automatic overnight boots to search for over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates.

Plus set a reminder for it to switch on and not record from 04:20 to 04:40 every day. I use, Settings, Preference, Time, Power on at 04:20 and power off at 04:40, daily.

This covers all bases as far as they can.

Back