Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again.Re post 119, I should have waited another minute after reading post 120 I wouldnt have needed to post 119.

Anyway thanks again and thanks to BH for pointing out the problem in my sweeper.conf.

Looking forward to seeing other examples of where sweeper could help tidy up the HDR.

it is related to utf-8 character set. That's why the single letter A with dots over it in "SeitsemÄn" appears as two characters in the filename or two question marks in ls output (one letter ends up as two bytes). tolower then crashes if a utf-8 character is in the string to convert.
I now have a recording which has an a with two dots above it in its name but I can't get sweeper to crash..

sweepbug1.png

Sweeper has stopped working for me now, I've ran the sweeper/test diag and the following is shown

Code:
>>> Beginning diagnostic sweeper/test
Running: sweeper/test

>>> Ending diagnostic sweeper/test

The contents of the sweeper is as follows
Code:
folder title {Eggheads} action {movecreate "Gameshows"}
folder title {The Chase} action {movecreate "Gameshows"}
folder title {Downton Abbey} action {movecreate "Tracey's stuff"}
folder title {The Paradise} action {movecreate "Tracey's stuff"}
folder title {Fool Britannia} action {movecreate "Comedy"}
folder title {The Ginge, the Geordie and the Geek} action {movecreate "Comedy"}
folder title {Watchdog} action {movecreate "Factual"}
folder title {Pickpockets & Proud} action {movecreate "Factual"}
folder title {Women Behind Bars} action {movecreate "Factual"}
folder title {Cowboy Builders} action {movecreate "Factual"}
lcn 46 action {movecreate "Gameshows"}
title {Floyd} action {movecreate "Davids Stuff"}
action {movecreate "misc"}

I've removed the package and reinstalled it but it still isnt working.

Any ideas?

I've made a small change to the diagnostic, could you try again?

Anything in auto.log?
If not, try increasing the automatic processing debug level (from the webif settings screen, wait 10 minutes then check auto.log again).

Also, if you can, try running the diagnostic from the telnet menu.

Tried the diagnostic again via webif, i received a segmentation error, telnet into box and ran the sweeper/test, it ran through all the rules with some nomatch and others seemed to move. Upped the level of automatic processing, it now seems to be working again. Do you know what the fault was?

Now there is no segmentation error shown in the webif diag.

I've just added another rule, and the diagnostic shows the same as before, just a line or 2, should i be rebooting or waiting a few mins once a new rule has been added?

Thanks

Tried the diagnostic again via webif, i received a segmentation error, telnet into box and ran the sweeper/test, it ran through all the rules with some nomatch and others seemed to move. Upped the level of automatic processing, it now seems to be working again. Do you know what the fault was?

Now there is no segmentation error shown in the webif diag.

I've just added another rule, and the diagnostic shows the same as before, just a line or 2, should i be rebooting or waiting a few mins once a new rule has been added?

Thanks

All seems ok now.

I now have a recording which has an a with two dots above it in its name but I can't get sweeper to crash..

Did it leave behind a .hmt file in the root folder ?

I noticed a lone .hmt file in the root folder and tried to delete it with webif but couldn’t. I wondered if series filler or sweeper left it behind. (It had an accent over the E).

So I have tried to record a few programs with accents and have noticed some problems with sweeper. Although this probably wont affect the majority (or any ) other users I thought you might like to know. I was only experimenting and it is not causing any real issues. I really like sweeper and am happy with how it works as it is.

When I telnet into the HDR I list the files in the media file and there is this .hmt file with no other corresponding ts , nts or thm file.

Code:
humax# ls

RT?? News_ Nine O'Clock_20131104_2100.hmt

I tried to remove this file using the rm command in telnet but it did not respond. I could not erase the file from webif.

I had to use a wild card to get rid of it :

Code:
humax# rm -i '/media/My Video/_OTHER/RT'*

rm: remove '/media/My Video/_OTHER/RTÃ News_ Nine O'Clock_20131104_2100.hmt'? y

humax#

The recordings that the hmt file referred to were moved to the specified folder with sweeper but strangely were marked as only one minute long. Also the time never changed from 0:00 when paused throughout the moved recording.

Also I got the following error on webif when I tried to get the media details of the webif file :

Code:
Runtime Error: file.jim:14: could not read "/media/My Video/_OTHER/RTÉ News_ Nine O'Clock_20131104_2100.ts": No such file or directory in procedure 'file' called at file "file.jim", line 14

There's definitely a buffer overrun of some sort in Jim triggered by these filenames. Going to be a pain to track down though as it tends to crash later on.

Sounds like a lot of bother when only a few recordings are ever going to be affected. Is it worth it ?

How come when I telnet in to the hdr and use the 'ls' command it returns 'RT??' at the start of the file yet when I use the 'rm -i' /remove with confirm command the with wild card it lists the full file name without the 'RT??' at the start ?

There's definitely a buffer overrun of some sort in Jim triggered by these filenames. Going to be a pain to track down though as it tends to crash later on.
I'm wondering if it's time to have a (possibly automatic) function on the Custom Firmware to remove all suspect characters from filenames, so that all 'accents' are replaced with an a - z, A - Z equivalent, I'm sure Björk would forgive us :)

This is fixed in jim 0.74-2 which I've just uploaded to the repository. I will report the bug to the Jim maintainer later.

I have jim 0.74-2 loaded. Even still sweeper is sweeping away the problem files while it is still being recorded. It appears in the destination folder before the recording ends and the .hmt file remains in the My video file.

I was recording 2 programs and ran sweeper in the diagnostics the first recording was ignored - 05/11/2013 22:37 -Recording in use

The file with the suspect characters was processed by sweeper (even though it was still being recorded)

Code:
05/11/2013 22:37 - + Sweeper processing /media/My Video/BBC Newsline_20131105_22                                            24.ts
05/11/2013 22:37 - Recording in use.
05/11/2013 22:37 - + Sweeper processing /media/My Video/Mise Raiftearaà - An Fà                                           odóir Focal_20131105_2235.ts
05/11/2013 22:37 - Processing [lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} action {movecreate KIDS}]

Drat. The recording should have continued to be written to the new location (the beauty of a decent filesystem) but you might need to manually move the .nts and .hmt over at the end. Still, it shouldn't do that - it must be having trouble detecting that it is in use because of the non-standard characters.

The next version of sweeper will skip any files with non-standard characters in their name as a temporary solution.

Code:
--- auto.hook~
+++ auto.hook
@@ -323,7 +323,8 @@
        foreach e [readdir -nocomplain $dir] {
                set entry "$dir/$e"
                if {[file isdirectory $entry]} continue
-               if {![string match {*.ts} $entry]} continue
+              if {![regexp {^[\x01-\x7f]+\.ts$} $entry]} continue

log "+ Sweeper processing $entry" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.