Receiving Programme Information - Unable to record?

I have just seen the advise about using the Schedule button + Red for getting to the guide quickly ... are there any issues with doing this i.e. will the guide still be updated ?

Also anyone any ideas when:
  • ITV will get a HD (or near HD) viewing option - the quality on BBC iPlayer seems much better
  • Channel 4 & 5 will get added to the catch up services

I have just seen the advise about using the Schedule button + Red for getting to the guide quickly ... are there any issues with doing this i.e. will the guide still be updated ?

Also anyone any ideas when:
  • ITV will get a HD (or near HD) viewing option - the quality on BBC iPlayer seems much better
  • Channel 4 & 5 will get added to the catch up services

I have been using Schedule + Red for a few weeks now and there appears to be no issues, the guide is still updated.

ITV1 HD has been available on channel 119 for a long time, when did you last scan for new channels?

Not sure about Channels 4 & 5 catchup, I watch on the internet but the quality is not so good.

Martin,

Thanks for the confirmation re the Guide still updating ... makes you wonder about what they are trying to do with the Guide button !!!

Re ITV and HD quality ... I was actually referring to ITV Player on channel 903 ... the quality is much poorer than BBC iPlayer on 901 which has a 'better quality' option.

Thanks...

The BBC has a vast, almost bottomless pit full of taxpayers' money it can fritter away to develop its iPlayer service. ITV has to find the cash it spends on catchup from its revenue. I wonder if that has got anything to do with it?

Probably not, but as I see it, most if not all, its money comes from the Government. The Government gets its money from the taxpayer. Therefore the BBC is funded by the taxpayer. Licence fees is just another tax that is paid to the Government, not the BBC.

I would be very happy if the BBC was funded from central taxation and the TVLA disbanded.

Back