Receiving Programme Information - Unable to record?

Apart from the site owner the entire team of moderators and admin from there are live and well and running a forum at MyHumax.org

OK, so this is what happens. When I press guide, I get the "receiving broadcast information" notice. If I wait until the program I was viewing, becomes visible in the background, I can then select a program to record. It never used to be like this, only happened over the last week or so. Now I know how top crack it, I shall have to a little patience.

On "Diagnostic" screen I see, Software version 1.00.15 last update 08 Dec 2010.

OK, so this is what happens. When I press guide, I get the "receiving broadcast information" notice. If I wait until the program I was viewing, becomes visible in the background, I can then select a program to record. It never used to be like this, only happened over the last week or so. Now I know how top crack it, I shall have to a little patience.

On "Diagnostic" screen I see, Software version 1.00.15 last update 08 Dec 2010.

Patience not required, press the SCHEDULE button followed by RED rather than guide.

Patience not required, press the SCHEDULE button followed by RED rather than guide.

Or press guide, move highlight to the programme you want to record and press the red record button, only problem here is that it does not give the series record and HD options.

This happens to me too.

For the last few weeks, i've been noticing the 'Receiving programme information' message, and i've had to wait for that to disappear before I could record the programme.

Now it never disappears.

This happens to me too.

For the last few weeks, i've been noticing the 'Receiving programme information' message, and i've had to wait for that to disappear before I could record the programme.

Now it never disappears.

This one has cropped up before on rare occasions, it's happened on several previous firmwares. Do a freesat tune, don't bother to save the results. After pressing guide the downloading message should take about 40 seconds to disappear

Do a freesat tune, don't bother to save the results.
I just tried it, not only has it made no difference, but i've now lost all of my channel favourite setups, and my scheduled recordings!!

I followed your instructions and deliberately didn't 'save' after doing the freesat tune, but then it told me I had no channels tuned in.

I feel your frustration as I have just had the same problem. Have factory reset twice but still have the same problem as above. Have tried software update but none found.

Your work-around (schedule red) does the job but there is obviously a problem since the 'receiving programme information' message never goes away. I have left the unit on for hours in the hope that it would resolve - but no luck.

I just tried it, not only has it made no difference, but i've now lost all of my channel favourite setups, and my scheduled recordings!!

I followed your instructions and deliberately didn't 'save' after doing the freesat tune, but then it told me I had no channels tuned in.

Something is very wrong, a freesat tune has not affected your scheduled recording list in eons, I can't test it on mine at the moment but I will tommorow. If it's a new bug my box does not have it and it's had the beta on it since it's first public release. The stuck recieving programme info message has happenned before but so far not for me using the new firmware. What's your signal strength and quality on the freesat home transponder ?

Explain exactly what steps you did to initiate a freesat autotune, it sounds as if you have run a reset to factory defaults.

The signal strength is 100%, quality is 70%., always had a great picture and service.

I'm recording at the moment and it obviously won't let me into the 'freesat tune' menu, but from memory i did the following:-

1. Menu
2. Settings
3. Third icon down (think it's called setup but not sure)
4. Freesat tune

The freesat tune screen has my postcode on it and a search button, I clicked the search button by pressing ok. When it finished, the search button had changed to Save. I just exited from that screen without saving, and then I received a message 'No channels are tuned'.

I have seen the screen before that you mentioned that asks if you want save or not, but I didn't get to it this time.

I definitely didn't run the factory reset.

The signal strength is 100%, quality is 70%., always had a great picture and service.

I'm recording at the moment and it obviously won't let me into the 'freesat tune' menu, but from memory i did the following:-

1. Menu
2. Settings
3. Third icon down (think it's called setup but not sure)
4. Freesat tune

The freesat tune screen has my postcode on it and a search button, I clicked the search button by pressing ok. When it finished, the search button had changed to Save. I just exited from that screen without saving, and then I received a message 'No channels are tuned'.

I have seen the screen before that you mentioned that asks if you want save or not, but I didn't get to it this time.

I definitely didn't run the factory reset.

I will run a freesat tune tommorow (after noting my schedule :eek:), never seen this behaviour before. The picture you get depends on which channel you happen to be viewing but 70% should be OK for just the epg from EB1 (90% on my setup). To be sure you are looking at the freesat home transponder tune to channel 999 then goto menu system diagnostics.

I will run a freesat tune tommorow (after noting my schedule :eek:), never seen this behaviour before. The picture you get depends on which channel you happen to be viewing but 70% should be OK for just the epg from EB1 (90% on my setup). To be sure you are looking at the freesat home transponder tune to channel 999 then goto menu system diagnostics.

Hi

Just like to confirm my box is doing the same, only happened tonight!! Have had the box since 2009 no problems, but updated for first time two weeks ago?

On the System / Diagnostics screen, the Quality is 100%, on the freesat tune screen it says 70%

To be sure you are looking at the freesat home transponder tune to channel 999 then goto menu system diagnostics.
When I tune to 999 I get a Freesat Welcome screen with the following menus:-

1. freesat news
2. BBC iPlayer
3. HD Information
4. Parental controls
5. Troubleshooting
6. Accessibility
7. Contact us

There's nothing there about menu diagnostics.

By the way, what is a 'freesat home transponder'?

On the System / Diagnostics screen, the Quality is 100%, on the freesat tune screen it says 70%

When I tune to 999 I get a Freesat Welcome screen with the following menus:-

1. freesat news
2. BBC iPlayer
3. HD Information
4. Parental controls
5. Troubleshooting
6. Accessibility
7. Contact us

There's nothing there about menu diagnostics.

By the way, what is a 'freesat home transponder'?

The freesat home transponder is where the epg and all freesat services are from. (EB1 11427 H). Channel 999 happens to come from there. Once tuned MENU/SYSTEM/DIAGNOSTICS will tell you the signal strength and quality as it will when you tune to any channel. Mine this morning was 90/100% for this transponder.

I tried pressing guide this morning, usual 40 seconds (I normally never use guide). I also did a freesat tune and got the usual message save/cancell. No effect on Schedule. It's widely reported Freesat had trouble with the data stream last night which caused the persistant downloading message and I guess your other problem. Using the cached epg instead of trying to download a new one would have avoided any problems.

Back