Receiving Programme Information - Unable to record?

Once tuned MENU/SYSTEM/DIAGNOSTICS will tell you the signal strength and quality as it will when you tune to any channel
Oh, so what you're saying is tune into 999 and then use the MENU button on the remote to get to MENU/SYSTEM/DIAGNOSTIC? Is that correct, from the way it was described early I was expecting the diagnostics to actually appear on the channel 999 page.

How come you got the option to Save/Cancel your freesat tune and I didn't, any idea?

Oh, so what you're saying is tune into 999 and then use the MENU button on the remote to get to MENU/SYSTEM/DIAGNOSTIC? Is that correct, from the way it was described early I was expecting the diagnostics to actually appear on the channel 999 page.

How come you got the option to Save/Cancel your freesat tune and I didn't, any idea?

Yes that's correct.

At a guess it's because the tune found no channels. Now everythings back to normal it should work as before.

At a guess it's because the tune found no channels
The tune did find all of my channels, but I think I must have somehow been on the wrong screen. When you did your tune today was it the screen that had the postcode on it and a Search button?

I had the usual delay (untimed) early last evening then a four minute delay when I heard about the problem then a 50 second delay later on. So whatever was up with the broadcast stream yesterday seems now to be fixed. If anyone still getting a much longer delay then that points back at their box.

I had also experienced this issue but in my case the new error message lasted for only 10 or 15 seconds and not to the extent Martin did. Glad to realise that this is not a bug but a feature. :)

The problem seems to be back. It has just taken about 5mins for the EPG to refresh and allow me to record. I am not sure if this is a problem generated by the hummy pvr or by freesat?

Hi

For the last 2 days every time I have tried to set-up a recording in the EPG it has responded with "Please wait for receiving broadcast information" and will not let me go any further. In the top right corner of the EPG it says "Receiving programme information" and has been showing that for 2 days!
The only way I can record is to wait for the programme to start and hit the record button.
I have tried various thing, power down, unplug ethernet, Freesat retune etc but still cannot setup a recording for the future.
Everything else appears to be ok, including series recording I already had setup they are recording fine.
Any ideas anyone??

Cheers

Martin

This happened to me too, I just sat there like a wally. Finally after reading here that other people had experinced the same problem, I got round got round to doing a factory re-set, and found that things were back to normal, the reported forty odd second delay excepted.

I've got the same problem with the receiving broadcast information message and a long delay before this goes away and the EPG allows me to record. However I'm confused as to whether a freesat update or a factory reset is the the right way to go or, alternatively, to wait for Humax to provide a fix via an OTA download. Any advice/clarification would be very welcome. Many thanks, GSD.

Update: I've just checked the EPG again at 07.15 this morning and the delay is now down to around 30 seconds from pressing the Guide button to being able to record. Could congestion in the signal have been causing the much longer delays I've been experiencing at other times of the day? GSD.

First, Hello from a new member!!:)!! I bought a new Foxsat in July, and the first thing it wanted me to do after initial setup was update, so I did. The start splash shows U7.54 in the bottom left of the screen Is that the current software or firmware version? I have never had any problems with recording single programmes or a series from the EPG. But it has always taken 40-50 seconds to update when Guide is selected. It has got stuck on a couple of occasions. Until I read about the schedule/red, it was annoying to wait that long. I have noticed it wakes up from standby 15 minutes before a scheduled recording, that is a long time compared to some which start 2 only minutes before.

Welcome to the forum.:)

U7.54 is the Loader version which is up to date, and your box should be on 1.00.15 Software which is the current version.

If you are using Accurate Recording, the box will wake up 15 mins before a recording is due to start, so that it can monitor for when the broadcaster signals that the programme is starting. This will allow for the programme starting a few minutes early, or late, and should also ensure that a late running programme does not get chopped off before the end.

U7-54 is the loader version which is never updated OTA.

It is in the Freesat+ spec for the recorder to cope with a programme starting up to 15 minutes early which is why you see the Foxsat HDR waking up then. If other recorders are not "waking up" then either they are not Freesat+ certified or they actually are waking up to keep an eye out for the programme it is due to record but are less obvious about it.

Brian, Thanks for the welcome :D !! The software version in Diagnostics shows HPRSFCI 1.00.15, update date 2010 and the loader is, as you say, U7.54. What is "Accurate Recording" ?

You have the latest firmware. Part of the Freeview/Freesat+ specification includes accurate recording. The broadcasters sends a signal that the programme is just starting which initiates the recording start. This signal can be up to 15 minutes earlier than the last scheduled time so the box wakes up to wait for the signal

Just noticed BBC iPlayer has gone from my EPG but I still get the service. Is this part of the same quirk?

Or maybe it was never where I thought it was.

BBC iPlayer has never been in the EPG. You press the Red Button to get to it. However you can now get to ITV Player by going to channel 903. This all assumes you internet connection to the PVR is working OK.

Edit: Well blow me down with a feather! You can now get to BBC iPlayer by going to channel 901. How long has that been there?

BBC iPlayer has never been in the EPG. You press the Red Button to get to it. However you can now get to ITV Player by going to channel 903. This all assumes you internet connection to the PVR is working OK.

Edit: Well blow me down with a feather! You can now get to BBC iPlayer by going to channel 901. How long has that been there?

901 and 903 were added 16th December 2010 but 903 did not become functional till 26th July 2011.

Does that mean there is an expection of adding Channel 4 and Five catchup services to 904 and 905 in the future?

Back