Redring - development and beta testing.

OBSERVATION: I have found you need to place the Humax in standby at least 20Min.s before record from standby is due to start, If less time is allowed you don’t always get standby amber, Instead you get standby blue which does not change when recording starts and things get out of sequence e.g. record stop time is not actioned

Same here.

4291:- I have no idea what it all means
The 'Humaxtv.log' file logs various events, But the ones you should be looking out for will have a reference to 'redring' like te ones in #264 above

I don't have a red ring, thank goodness. My Buffalo Mini station has a nice blue light when it is in AR standby or when recording in standby.:)

OBSERVATION: I have found you need to place the Humax in standby at least 20Min.s before record from standby is due to start, If less time is allowed you don’t always get standby amber, Instead you get standby blue which does not change when recording starts and things get out of sequence e.g. record stop time is not actioned

Thanks, I'll investigate. Not getting the standby amber is expected if you're using AR mode and the next recording starts within 15 minutes - the box stays on looking for the AR signal but it should certainly then change to red once the recording starts.

af123 is the author of redring (and the majority of the custom software), I would guess this is a tweak for his own use
I thought that I might've missed it in the repo. Of course if af123 would like to share the clock tweak I would like to try it.

I haven't managed to replicate this yet : ( - tried setting a few recordings to start in the next 10 minutes and then put it into standby. As expected, the LED ring went blue until the recording started then went red. (AR Mode).

I haven't done any specific testing today, but have noticed the ring going Red and Blue during this evenings regular recordings. These finished at 10:00 pm, but the ring is still Blue 45 mins later.

Same observations as Brian yesterday. - Amber > Blue > Red > Purple > Red > Blue - Stayed Blue and not able to return to Amber by use of Standby. Left overnight and was back to Amber in morning. I have auto update at 4:30am and Sleep / Wake set for 7am / 7:15 so assume one of these events put things to right.

I haven't done any specific testing today, but have noticed the ring going Red and Blue during this evenings regular recordings. These finished at 10:00 pm, but the ring is still Blue 45 mins later.
After leaving it on Blue last night, it was back to Orange again this morning.

I haven't managed to replicate this yet

I had this happen twice with a previous install of 0.99-3, With a new install I have had 'non-amber' but otherwise OK. [EDIT see below]

all recordings from standby in AR mode, NOTE :- S20 = put into standby 20 Mins. before start time

from web-If (with a restart)
S20-A-B-R-B-A = all OK
S8-B-R-B-A = All OK

Using remote, 2 staggered recordings

S17-B-R-P-R-B-A = expected S17-A start otherwise OK
EDIT

S15-B-R-P-R-B-A = all OK

From Web-IF, 2 staggered recordings

S17-B-R-P-R-B-A = expected S17-A start (again) otherwise OK
EDIT2

got S21-B-B-B-B-R-B-A but expected S21-A-B-R-P-R-B-A so LEDs Failed

Redring: power-off dim detected.
Redring: ring trying to go amber.
changing to blue.
Redring: recording start 19:'/mnt/hd2/My Video/Mike the Knight_20120313_1608.nts'
recording 1
Redring: REC icon on.
system is in standby.
changing to red.
Redring: recording start 24:'/mnt/hd2/My Video/Horrid Henry_20120313_1618.nts'
recording 2
changing to purple.
Redring: recording end 19.
changing to red.
[Didn't catch rest of log before standby]

Not sure if it is relevant but when the LEDs failed, (See above), both recordings were transmitted almost 3 Mins. late and AR tracked this correctly so start 19 scheduled from 16:05 to 16:20 was correctly recorded from 16:08 to 16:23. start 24 scheduled from 16:15 to 16:30 was correctly recorded from 16:18 to 18:33 Previous recording were roughly on time

This has been working very well for me over the last few days with no issues to report at all, and I think that the time has come to install it onto my second box.

Is this version going to be released as the first official version, or is it likely to be updated again before release?

Good news!. Yes, there will be at least one more test release when I find the time to finish it.

Good news!. Yes, there will be at least one more test release when I find the time to finish it.
I will install the current version and see if it behaves on my other box whilst waiting for the next release then.:)

This has been working very well for me over the last few days with no issues to report at all
It seems that I spoke too soon, box is recording in standby with a Blue ring.:rolleyes:

Edit: It is recording another programme at the moment, and the ring is now Red.:)

A quick update. I've been trying various things to make this more stable but even now I'm still seeing occasional odd behaviour. Most of the time it works fine but I have experienced the lack of 'START SYSTEM' once now as well as a failure for the ring to go amber on shutdown, again just once. I haven't seen any stray icons yet. The good news is that nothing has failed to record with it!

I'm going to upload an update in the next day or two which will support a separate and persistent log file as well as being much more verbose so that I can try and get more insight into why the oddities occur. Given the frequency of occurrence, it's likely to be some kind of race condition.

Both of mine seem to be working quite well at the moment, I have not noticed the lack of START SYSTEM with this version yet, nor have I noticed any stray icons. I did have the recording in standby with a Blue ring once see #298, and one box finished yesterdays recordings with a Blue ring failing to go Orange, although it was Orange when I got up this morning.:)

Back