[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

The Humax will require up to two reboots before an RS schedule makes it to the recording schedule. It is not meant for urgent scheduling!

I also updated post 139 after you had read it.

Hi,
I've still got the two problems:
In rs settings I can't select an EPG favourites group, the only option is "None"
The Auto search restricts me to "Any" channel.
Everything else is working as expected and I've run chanpush, diskpush and tried removing and re-registering the humax with the rs site.

I
Hi,
I've still got the two problems:
In rs settings I can't select an EPG favourites group, the only option is "None"
The Auto search restricts me to "Any" channel.
Everything else is working as expected and I've run chanpush, diskpush and tried removing and re-registering the humax with the rs site.
I have the same problems. In addition, if if on the rs home page I select "EPG" the search option is greyed out.

Getting EPG.jpg
If I then select "Guide" the correct region's EPG appears and I can search that. Is this normal?

Roger

i had problems selecting my fav group in the webif - until I made sure Java was installed properly. Its been fine since! I'm sure most people have Java running, but a few (like me!) may not...

I have the same problems. In addition, if if on the rs home page I select "EPG" the search option is greyed out.
If I then select "Guide" the correct region's EPG appears and I can search that. Is this normal?
Yes that is normal.

If you click onto the greyed out 'Search EPG' it will be replaced with an empty box waiting you you to enter your search request
If I type "Old Harry" into the box a magnifying glass symbol appears. If I click this symbol the the box reverts back to the original, except that "Search EPG" has been replaced by "Old Harry".
If I pressed the <Enter> key key instead the search function does work. (I am using the Safari browser.)
Getting EPG search.jpg

One problem solved!

Roger

Yes, the logic is a bit strange there, it's the same when using Firefox, but as you say it works with return not the magnifying glass, it would probably be better if 'EPG' took you directly to the EPG page and you could do the search from there

ITVHD has full schedules for me in RS .... But

For next Saturday rs shows a gap in the schedule on BBC2 & BBC2HD between Dads Army and Skeletons where nothing shows

On the box itself the EPG is fine and also OK on webif.

Only shows the issue on RS

I'm not sure why there are gaps in the data but I've reset the state so that each region will get a full upload shortly which should fill in any of them.. Can you check again in a while, or run the rs/epgpush diagnostic on your box to do the upload straight away?

I think we've seen a couple of cases of this. 1.0.1 was released to solve a couple of problems (see HERE - click), and anybody already registered with RS had no problems, but it seems to be catching out new sign-ups. AF needs to look at this.

Above was post#137, 20 May 2013.
Has this bug been fixed yet? I've been deferring setting up RS until I can register without going via 1.0.0.

I don't think the bug was ever confirmed. The earlier poster saw a message asking him to upgrade but I suspect that was something to do with a problem uploading the initial data rather than anything wrong with 1.0.1. The current version is 1.0.3, I'd give it a try and post any problems you have here.

I'm still seeing regular sign-ups so there can't be anything fundamentally wrong.

Aha - thanks BH, makes sense. In which case, as long you're on CFW 2.17 or the general diagnostics passes, you'll be ok.

I'm not sure why there are gaps in the data but I've reset the state so that each region will get a full upload shortly which should fill in any of them.. Can you check again in a while, or run the rs/epgpush diagnostic on your box to do the upload straight away?
It has come back now. However, it makes me wonder how can you know whether there are gaps in the data? I did a search and only realised there were gaps because results came up on ITV but not ITVHD. Had the ITV had gaps as well I would have concluded that the program is not broadcast.

It's difficult to be certain. The RS uses incremental uploads for EPG data and for some reason this isn't providing full coverage. I don't want to use full uploads as, although it's only about a megabyte of data, it puts more load on the server. Since the EPG reset last night, I've had several things pop up in today's auto scheduling email which are in the next few days so there were definitely gaps in the data for my region.

My machine uploaded data as follows: 11, 10,6 June twice, 29,25,22 May. Could it be because the uploads are not happening everyday?

There are lots of users in each TV region and the Remote Schedule server can get EPG updates from any of them, so the 'other dates' were probably supplied by other users in your region, e.g. my Humax has only uploaded EPG data on 9,6,4,3 2 1 Jun and 31,27,21 May but the other dates will have been filled by other Boxes, I guess the hard bit is piecing all the bits together to make the whole thing

Back