Tonne Up!

Now there's a challenge! Will take a bit of scheming. Let's make it a game...

According to the post links though, the 10kth has already been and gone! How will we verify who actually won?

Oh yeah - just spotted that on the url - d'you think it's deleted posts or something? Does the software have a different counter for messages, posts, conversations?

I thought about deleted posts, but unless there is a plague of spam which the mods are dealing with without me noticing, the discrepancy seems a bit large.

Just had an idea: when the Custom Software forum was split off, a load of cross-links were established which then expired. Could be the difference?

Presumably the post count covers all the sub-forums, so somebody could claim the 10kth without even knowing they are in the game!

There were 136 to go when the lastest post link said 10085 - so pending correction as it gets closer (and we'll have to monitor to see if it diverges) the target post link is 10221.

Bad news, I've measured it fluctuating from 10220 to 10223. I'm wondering if the total post count (in the right hand margin on the Hummy.tv top listing) is always up to date.

And there was me thinking you were trying to stop af123 joining you in the 1,000 club :) I do love a good conspiracy theory!!!

But... but... but...... foul!

We're talking about the post count on the front page, which currently stands at 9918.

The target post link index is (currently) 10222.

How will we know who will make the post that makes the post counter reach 10000?

That is a little problem, it seems to drift a little but at the moment it will be the post which achieves a link index of 10222 - that figure will need revising nearer the time (and verified shortly after). There's about 80 to go. If it happens in the middle of the night I'm onto a winner!

The next milestone will probably be member no 1000, and may well happen sometime this week.

Current target: 10221 (I think). I've confirmed by observation that the forum stats lag a bit.

Ready, set....

Yowser!!!!!!!
He shoots, he scores! Well done BH - the "boo hoo got to go offline" bit was clearly a diversionary tactic to throw us off our guard!! :) Can somebody please order BH a new F5 button - the writing on his seems to have been worn off :)

I'm going to be watching the username of the 1000th member for anagrams of Black Hole ("Back? O Hell!" came up!!!!) :D:D

Still here. I've been kicking around the last couple of days (partner and carer to a dementia case) and just as things were getting critical she comes alive and my attention is required elsewhere. I just about managed to last out. Now a quick status check on the iTouch while she's in the bathroom and then out for the afternoon.

(I had that post up the breech in another window ready to hit the commit button)

I don't think that there are any prizes.:D

Just a suggestion - what about if everybody 'Liked' the 1000th member?? Not exactly a free trolley dash like they do in shops but hey might make a newcomer smile? Or perhaps an honorary title?

Back