Tonne Up!

What about "likes" for the 10,000th poster?
okay okay I give in "Choke Ball" :) I 'liked' it - in recognition of your ongoing services and your sheer determination to not only calculate exactly where the 10kth post would truly be, but also to watch the post count accurately enough to know when to fire your shot (ooeer missus!)

OK so just to confirm then before we get all carried away barking up another wrong tree (and potentially freaking some unsuspecting new member out with a bazillion likes (although that might be funny mwa hwa haaaaa)) are we really on 989 users as stated on the front page panel, or like the post count is the front page showing some other number?

On the subject of registrations it'll be interesting to see how many Hummys Santa fits down chimneys prompting an influx of budding modders!! Have to watch the site and download stats after the 25th Dec

Gotta laugh!

How are we going to know who had the 1000th registration? I can't find a member number in the profile pages, so as far as I know all we can to is watch the reg count click up to 999+1 like hawks. (By the same token, if the post counter was all we had to go on, and mods have deleted 221 posts, there would be no question... but that's done and dusted and you'll have to fight me for it)

Gotta laugh!

How are we going to know who had the 1000th registration? I can't find a member number in the profile pages, so as far as I know all we can to is watch the reg count click up to 999+1 like hawks. (By the same token, if the post counter was all we had to go on, and mods have deleted 221 posts, there would be no question... but that's done and dusted and you'll have to fight me for it)

You're member 365... : )

What's the number in the info bar at the bottom of the browser when you hover over the avatar? Michaels is #1, I am #348 and yours BlackHole is #365 (or perhaps indicative of the Enquiries Desk opening hours??? ;))

[EDIT - ah there we are, af123 got to it first]

Oh blimey here we go again - I just hovered over the latest memebers name on the front panel and number of members = 989. The latest member is.......992! :frantic:

So what are we going to go for: a member's vague ID serial number (derrr!) or the click of the counter? Current offset says ID 1003!

PS: what's a "memeber"? Maybe it's a registrant with one brain cell.

So what are we going to go for: a member's vague ID serial number (derrr!) or the click of the counter? Current offset says ID 1003!
I reckon that if the number is indellibly attached to the user I guess we'd better keep an eye on the panel number creeping up till we get close, then watch the name changing and hover over the actual username to check who gets the magic number?? (BTW It doesn't half show on here when it's a slow day at the office!!!! ;))

Right I am definitely doing some work after this post - but in the meantime :rolleyes: on the Members page down the right hand side there is a 'Newest Members' section - that shows the last eight people to register and although there's no avatars you still get the numbered link - even if we miss the actual 1000th we can still see the recent arrivals back in there.

I was thinking of using it to describe the ones that don't read things first!
But given that most of us are blokes then we can call 'em what we like but there's nothing we can do. We're genetically programmed not to read anything before wading in and mashing keyboards/keypads/remotes etc with our fists and then moaning that it doesn't do what it's supposed to, even though at that stage we have no idea what it's supposed to do other than what we have convinced ourselves that it ought to do based on nothing more than what we would like it to do!!!! Or is that just me?.......
Anyway that's what makes us great! Oh and the ability to make a fart sound using your armpit of course.

Back