trusty 9300t finally had enough?

Is that even when you are logged on as an administrator? If so, that's weird! Is it possible that you are logged on as a standard, non-administrator user? And do you mean that when you right click cmd.exe the 'Run as administrator' option is greyed out?

(apparently there is a hidden admin built in on W7 onwards so the User Account is just a ????)
Of course. Otherwise any nasty that auto-runs from (say) your web browser would automatically have admin privilege.

Just to let you know if its any use, I have a live linux OS (Mint) operating on a seperate machine if we can use that?
Not unless there is a version of humaxrw compiled for Linux!

No go I'm afraid. Permission denied, altered permissions and ran cmd a good few times as
administrator (proper) but continue to get Permission denied. Read around web and appears W7 and XP
cheapo home editions and their permissions and User accounts are a dogs dinner.

So trying a different tack, can I get into the Humax HDD using my live USB edition Mint
( as a Linux lite person I believe you can read any drive? ) . If I can get access can I effictively
do what the Z option does in humaxrw and then refit the drive and hopefully
the ether will reload the EPG file? or if I do a reset?

Glad to know what you think?

Sorry Guys - I just saw you had posted further above. I will try and get the Linux version mentioned and run. If no Z option
which is the file I need to remove? Assuming I can then will The Humax reload the deleted bad file automatically once re- connected?

If no Z option which is the file I need to remove?
Sorry I can't remember but how would you propose to delete it even if you knew the name?
Assuming I can then will The Humax reload the deleted bad file automatically once re- connected?
The Humax will recreate the file when it needs it; the whole point of deleting it is to get rid of the corrupt data.

If no Z option which is the file I need to remove?
Sorry I can't remember but how would you propose to delete it even if you knew the name?
Assuming I can then will The Humax reload the deleted bad file automatically once re- connected?
The Humax will recreate the file when it needs it; the whole point of deleting it is to get rid of the corrupt data.

Can you clarify? Is it possible to delete the file for the Humax to recreate the file? Is your meaning that the Z option deletes the file but that would be not possible using a Linux OS to view and manage the HDD?
(sorry if the quote thingy is wrong above - still getting to grips with the forum) Thanks

Downloaded 1.14 onto my linux box (live mint). It is extracted into tmp file. Cannot get it to run in terminal?

Can you clarify? Is it possible to delete the file for the Humax to recreate the file? Is your meaning that the Z option deletes the file but that would be not possible using a Linux OS to view and manage the HDD?
Sigh. I don't think you have got to grips with the problem yet. The file system used by the 9300 is proprietary and neither Windows nor Linux understand anything about it. Hence the only way to interact with it is the functionality provided by humaxrw; that does allow you to delete a program but I am not sure whether it will allow you to delete the file holding the EPG data unless the -Z option is available.

Sigh. I don't think you have got to grips with the problem yet. The file system used by the 9300 is proprietary and neither Windows nor Linux understand anything about it. Hence the only way to interact with it is the functionality provided by humaxrw; that does allow you to delete a program but I am not sure whether it will allow you to delete the file holding the EPG data unless the -Z option is available.

I didn't know it was proprietary. Thought it was Linux based after reading some of the forum.

Back