[tunefix-update] Automated Freeview channel updates

I went into Google maps to find out where Rosneath is.

Turns out it's in a different country ... :p

1.0.55:
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:​
Angus (COM7, COM8)​
Durris (COM6)​
Black Hill (Local)​
Craigkelly (COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, Local)​
LCN change from 84 to 78 for Quest Red+1​
Name change for Local TV in Hull​
Rename True Movies to True Christmas​

1.0.56:
Remove Vintage TV​
LCN change from 95 to 64 for FreeSports​
LCN change from 64 to 95 for The Store​
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:​
Llanddona (COM4, COM5, COM6)​

There were also changes to PSB1, PSB2 and PSB3 at Llanddona, but they clashed with non-changes elsewhere in Wales (likewise for Long Mountain two weeks ago).

Last edited:
Do you mean they couldn't be segregated?
Yes. Frequencies are considerably reused in both Wales and Scotland on the same service numbers. There is only one service ID for the whole of Wales and Scotland is not much better.

1.0.57:
Add Yesterday+1 on LCN 99 (COM7)​
Rename NOW 80s to NOW XMAS​

(30 minutes of NOW XMAS on the telly and I've had enough. Ready for January now. Bring it on.)

Last edited:
I never retune between the christmas named channels starting to appear and January when they disappear. Dreadful things.

I've had a few of crashes over the last year that seem to co-inside with a tunefix update. Latest was last night. It's likely to be a coincidence but thought I'd ask if others have experienced this. Image there would be many posts if anything other than a local box issue.

Crash.PNG

Did you actually experience a crash, I`ve had the odd crash report but never noticed the reported crash, in the same regard when the machine has crashed on me there has been no crash report generated!!

Since I installed dlna-filter I have had no crashes that I can recall!

I've had a few of crashes over the last year that seem to co-inside with a tunefix update.
There's no timestamp on the crash message, so you don't really know when it happened.
And it's a tunefix-update update. And coincide.

Last edited:
I happened to check our two boxes earlier today and both had a tunefix-update and only one had a crash report.
The one that had the crash does seem a bit more prone to it, but both crash occasionally regardless of tf-uds.

1.0.59:
LCN change from 57 to 54 for Paramount Network​
LCN change from 56 to 57 for 5USA+1​
LCN change from 55 to 56 for 5STAR+1​
LCN change from 54 to 55 for 5SELECT​
LCN change from 83 to 76 for QUEST+1​

Re: Mendip changes next year...
I counted three separate dates on which frequencies change - that seems a lot to me! tunefix-update won't handle them all (not for me anyway).
Why do you think not? That almost sounds like a challenge.

Well, I assume the tuning revision will bring me back services that I've lost. tunefix-update doesn't automatically reinstate anything, does it?!

Back