Remove The Store​
Remove truTV​
Remove Sony Crime Channel​
Mux. move for True Entertainment​
Mux. move for Sewing Quarter​
Mux. move for Jewellery Maker​
Mux. move for Film4+1​
Remove More4+1​

If you want More4+1 back, you will need to do a manual tune on the PSB3 mux. (Tunefix needs a mod. to support this move via tunefix-update, and I don't have time at the moment to do it.)
If you want Sony Crime Channel back and are in a Local mux. area, you will need to do a manual tune on the Local mux.
If you want truTV back and are in the Manchester G_MAN mux. area, you will need to do a manual tune on the G_MAN mux.

Last edited:
1.0.62:
Rename Travel Channel to DMAX​
LCN change from 88 to 83 for NOW 80s​
LCN change from 89 to 84 for Now 90s​
LCN change from 91 to 88 for Clubland TV​
Mux. move for Keep It Country​
Remove Yesterday+1​

1.0.63:
Mux. move for Classic FM​
Mux. move for LBC​
Mux. move for Proud Dating​
Mux. move and rename for Kiss Chat & Date (from Kiss Me TV)​

Last edited:
1.0.64:
LCN change from 93 to 89 for Together​
LCN change from 94 to 91 for PBS America​
LCN change from 97 to 92 for Pick+1​
LCN change from 98 to 93 for Travelxp​
Add Smithsonian Channel on LCN 99 (COM7)​

Up here ( in the frozen north) there were some additional changes made last Sunday.
BBC2 Scotland ceased and became just the national feed.
BBC4 slipped down the LCN order from 9 to 82 to make way for a new BBC Scotland channel - God only knows why!

Anyway, I have so far resisted the on-screen directives to retune by Thursday 21st and am wondering whether there is
a further tunefix-update update in the offing or if I should just go ahead and do it the old-fashioned way?

... and BBC1 Scotland
and BBC2 Scotland
but now we have to have BBC Scotland.

The new channel is reportedly going to be 50% repeats, local news and 'world news from a Scottish perspective'!
I can hardly contain my excitement - just like the Rev I.M Jolly. :(

am wondering whether there is a further tunefix-update update in the offing
There isn't, for a few reasons:
  • I neither live in Scotland nor have a box in Scotland which I can retune remotely to provide the necessary data
  • tunefix does not support region specific LCN moves (although it could be made to do so), even if I was 100% certain I knew all the service IDs, which I don't
  • No-one, apart from your good self, supplied any data for Scotland in my Request for transmitter/tuning info. trawl last year
Of course, if you were to retune and then send me your tuning database (the file /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db ), then I might be able to do something for any other residents of the Black Hill service area.
I'm also rather time/development facilities challenged at the moment.

You can shift BBC Four from 9 to 82 yourself using tunefix though.

Last edited:
@prpr - thanks for the confirmation. I will go ahead and do the update manually.
Once I have extracted the database for you I intend to swap LCNs 8 & 82 - have no use for That's TV.
Never bothered with shuffling LCNs before but the BBC4 relegation is a game-changer.

I have, however, just spotted something that may be of interest. When I connected to webif earlier I got the message about tunefix-update being upgraded and when I look in package management it is indeed at Vers 1.0.64. However, the epg on the box shows none of the changes to have been applied - there's no Smithsonian, Pick+1 is still 97, PBS is still 94 etc.

Last edited:
Never bothered with shuffling LCNs before but the BBC4 relegation is a game-changer.
Are you not using the HD version then?
I got the message about tunefix-update being upgraded and when I look in package management it is indeed at Vers 1.0.64. However, the epg on the box shows none of the changes to have been applied - there's no Smithsonian, Pick+1 is still 97, PBS is still 94 etc.
I guess you haven't rebooted since the package was upgraded.

My aerial is not the greatest and HD channels are the first to suffer in adverse weather.
Humax is put into standby every night and woken next day. Last night/today was no different from normal.

Have now retuned successfully and re-located BBC4. I saved the channel.db immediately before and after the retune and have tar'd and gzipped them.
I'll leave getting them off the box and over to you til this evening. Need to go sleep and be back up at 6.30ish.
What's the best method to get the zipfile to you?

I guess you haven't rebooted since the package was upgraded.

I take it back - you are correct. I was going bythe time of your post #226.
However, digging into the activity.log I can see that the update wasn't actually applied until 10:34 am. SWMBO would
have had the box fired up before then for daytime telly. :(

Okay I’m in Scotland and have no intention of watching bbc Scotland I’m happy with things as they are, so is everything okay for me to just live happily with things as they are in regards to retuning

So? What's your point?

Okay I’m in Scotland and have no intention of watching bbc Scotland I’m happy with things as they are, so is everything okay for me to just live happily with things as they are in regards to retuning

Edit: Oh, on re-reading I see you have obscurely asked a question.

Presumably, you will be getting 'nag' messages to retune on screen every time you switch to BBC1 or BBC2 - if you can live with that go for it.
I did the manual retune which stuck BBC Scotland into LCN 9 and bumped BBC4 SD down to LCN 82.
I then used tunefix to transpose BBC4 SD and That's TV Scotland - so I now have BBC4 SD on LCN 8 and That's TV has been bumped to LCN 82.
Works for me. :)

Back