[webif-channelicons]

I thought that sort of thing went in the 800s, or is that just duplicates.
Where is Freesports. Com 7 or 8?

I also have LCNs 695 - 898 tuned with just the LCN number as the channel name and no EPG data. What are these please?
They're buffer services to stop you inadvertently going down one position from either radio or mainstream SD (depending on your box) and getting something you didn't expect.
I guess these are reserved for forthcoming use.
Wrong! As someone used to say on the radio.

Anyway, this is nothing to do with icons...

No. 698:cautious:
They're buffer services to stop you inadvertently going down one position from either radio or mainstream SD (depending on your box) and getting something you didn't expect.[/qoute]Thanks
Anyway, this is nothing to do with icons...
Absolutely nothing, except that I noticed then at the same time as I noticed the missing channel icons:p But it is to do with channels. Please accept my deepest and sincere apologies for wandering off topic.:frantic:

My "Paramount Network" (54) does not seem to have a channel icon. It is not in the previous list, so I presume that there has never been one. Does anyone have the wherewithall to make one?

In a fit of completism, here are the channels without icons (or with empty/generic icons) that I see in London (ignoring data services) and some potential images to create new icons:
now all obsolete

Last edited:
I've done a MAJOR update to the webif-channelicons package.
All previous icons (and baggage from the last 10+ years) have gone and been replaced with new ones, made from scratch, in a consistent form (as much as the original artwork allows anyway), although I have tweaked quite a few to suit our environment better.
Everything pertaining to Freeview and Saorview should be there, including all regionalised and local services, as best as I can tell, but getting reliable information is hard.
Obviously, I don't have receivers in all these areas for definitive answers, so I need your help.
After updating, if you see anything on your EPG on the WEB INTERFACE that doesn't have an icon, please let me know the exact spelling of the service name.
Exceptions to the above are all the services that don't work on the Humax i.e. the data ones in the 209-212 and 251-299 ranges. These deliberately display as a "light grey with a red-ish wavy line through" icon.
I'm particularly interested in stuff in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland (but not in Wales as I can receive that directly), and on the Manchester mux.
You may need to force refresh your browser to get the new icons to show (Ctrl F5 or similar).

I have no access to the RS server icons, before anyone asks.

Thanks to @David500 for getting me going with this, er, I think. This has sucked a huge amount of time, but I've learnt quite a bit in the process.

Last edited:
For a long time I've thought that the icons weren't being maintained, or my HDR had an issue.
Most icons are correctly shown, but many minor services are blank. I figured it was a naming issue, or due to channel LCN reorganisation. I've just force-updated webif-channelicons from 1.1.31 to 1.2.0 but haven't rebooted if that's important since I have recordings in process.
(I've just done just that on the second HDR in the house which became available as recordings finished already, which doesn't have rearranged LCNs, and the situation is the same).
Here's a paste of the Diag/MuxInfo from the first one, with icon-deficient Mux expanded to show:
1700355155536.png
1700355191434.png
1700355234608.png
1700355275607.png
1700355308310.png
1700355348634.png
1700355392885.png
1700355425122.png
I hope this gives a clue as to what's going on as I have no idea, and appreciate all the work that has gone into this as I looked at doing it a while ago and was very put-off.

Thank you prpr for this. Your hard work is appreciated. All my channel icons are present and correct.

All my channel icons are present and correct.
Thanks for the feedback. Can I just confirm you're receiving the G-MAN mux. and that is complete too?
I've just force-updated webif-channelicons from 1.1.31 to 1.2.0 but haven't rebooted if that's important since I have recordings in process.
You don't need to reboot - it doesn't achieve anything. You need to force refresh your browser page.
I looked at doing it a while ago and was very put-off.
Me too, for years.

Amazing job! You really have been busy.

(Edit: Redactions etc in the light of later information)

All mine appear to be populated; at first glance I thought they were not, but on closer inspection I see it is the "wavy line". It's too subtle – thicken the line a bit, and/or have different shades above and below the line?

Why does a wavy line signify an Internet service anyway? Perhaps we can think of a better icon. I'm also not overly keen on the 18+ icon – I mean, they're Internet services too, unobtainable so it's irrelevant that they're 18+. If you must, then superimpose the 18+ over the wavy line.

Most icons are correctly shown, but many minor services are blank.
If you zoom in, you'll see the wavy line – that foxed me too (see above). I don't understand why you have a wavy line icon on Drama+1 (and several others) though, perhaps that's because it is a part-time service and you happened to pick it up when it was off-line, but that should apply to ITV3+1 too (or maybe not at that time of night). prpr?

I figured it was a naming issue, or due to channel LCN reorganisation.
It won't be, because this kind of thing is keyed on Service ID not LCN. If there really is something to fix:
if you see anything on your EPG on the WEB INTERFACE that doesn't have an icon, please let me know the exact service and its exact spelling.
The easiest way (I know) to find the service ID is WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Database Browser >> /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db, scroll down to "TBL_SVC" then quote the number in column "usSvcId" [this turns out to be unnecessary].

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Can I just confirm you're receiving the G-MAN mux. and that is complete too?

You don't need to reboot - it doesn't achieve anything. You need to force refresh your browser page.

Me too, for years.
By G-MAN mux do you mean 'local' as shown in the diagnostics/mux info page? If so, yes, but due to 'channel culling' I only have one channel, present, That's TV.

Back