[webif] Web interface

Recieved the following error while refreshing the package list:
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:56: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 60 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 56

Unfortunately, the EPG single channel view appears to have stopped working. It gets stuck on loading EPG data (I have tried it on MSIE and Firefox).

If you upgrade Mongoose to 3.0-1 or 3.0-2 then that should work now.
(and restart it by turning the box off and on, or by running
'service stop mongoose; service start mongoose' from the command line.)

Recieved the following error while refreshing the package list:
Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:56: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 60 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 56

That's because the packaging system can only do one thing at a time, so switching tabs before the first one has finished loading results in an error. It could be handled better though.

af123,

Really appreciate the efforts as always. Just a minor issue...

It does work now.....

buuuuttt, the keyword search only works for typed it keywords, not the predefined genre keywords in blue. They lock the epg search. Upgraded mongoose to 3.0-1.

Would it also be possible to add a now/next keyword to the genre list to regenerate the now/next view rather than have to go out of the epg screen and then back in again?

Thanks again,
Trevor

buuuuttt, the keyword search only works for typed it keywords, not the predefined genre keywords in blue. They lock the epg search. Upgraded mongoose to 3.0-1.

It seems to be working for me, but there was a bug in the genre display for anything which was flagged to record. Can you try 0.6.3-2? If you still have a problem, is it possible the old version of mongoose is still running?

Thanks.

Wow, pulled in the 0.6.3-2 and the Now/Next is there too!! Brill, and works for me with the genre search, too. On both HD and HDR boxes!!

Yay.

Whoooops. Correction on the HDR box, it's still not working correctly.

Also, on the HD box, a few repeated searches seems to have confused it and it's not responding.

HD box now back and responding....

If you upgrade Mongoose to 3.0-1 or 3.0-2 then that should work now.
(and restart it by turning the box off and on, or by running
'service stop mongoose; service start mongoose' from the command line.)
Thanks, this now works, sort of ...

Problem is when I went into single channel view on BBC1 it stopped part way through (although this didn't happen when displaying BBC News channel) see below :

epg.png

The above was using Firefox, same happens in MSIE, but an additional problem in MSIE is that loses the colour formatting for the first two columns for the top half of the display.

I also noticed some channel ident were missing (not sure if this was previously the case), not that I am too bothered, just mentioning for completeness :

channel.png`

Thanks for your work so far!

UPDATE : Upgrading from Mongoose 3.0-1 to 3.0-2 and webif 0.6.3-1 to 0.6.3-2 has resolved the partial display problem on BBC1 - this is now working, thanks.

I also noticed some channel ident were missing (not sure if this was previously the case), not that I am too bothered, just mentioning for completeness :

Yes, I'm missing images for some of the adult channels and a radio station or two... Not up to drawing them myself though.

UPDATE : Upgrading from Mongoose 3.0-1 to 3.0-2 and webif 0.6.3-1 to 0.6.3-2 has resolved the partial display problem on BBC1 - this is now working, thanks.

Excellent. It does take a while to scan the EPG for things like Films because it has to open each EPG record to see what kind it is and there is quite a lot of data to go through.

Yes, I'm missing images for some of the adult channels and a radio station or two... Not up to drawing them myself though.

At last! Something I might be able to do to help (as if I've got that sort of time to spare)! What do you need exactly?

Bug report - webif 0.6.3-3
Got this error in Firefox 5.0 after clicking on 'Restart now' after scheduling a recording.

Error 500: Internal Server Error
CGI program sent malformed HTTP headers: []

Didn't get any error when using IE 8.0 however.
In either case the box did restart and recording was added to the schedule.

Just got home and logged on to the webif page, refreshed the packages and got that same error :-(
Box is set to come on at 6pm everyday and sleep @ 1am.
I think the network has gone to sleep and the script hasn't woke it up.
I remember people with similar reports a while ago about not being able to refresh packages on the first attempt. Could this be the reason perhaps?
I did it through my iPhone and instead of the initial error, I got a message box with the box's ip address.
When I then refreshed the page because it had stopped loading, I got that error.
The way I got round it last time was to reboot the box.

Just a quick note. Sometimes the "available" section of the Upgrades listing isn't populated. Haven't done any serious testing, though. Just noticed that there were upgrades to webif and ffmpeg. Only ffmpeg had something in the "available" field. After updating webif, went back to the Upgrades tab and nothing in the "available" field.

T

Our DSO happened on Wednesday and I backed up the recordings list using webif before retuning. The restore worked seamlessly.

Af123, if I ever meet you I will buy a pint as you have saved us a couple of hours work to put that lot back!!!

Our DSO happened on Wednesday and I backed up the recordings list using webif before retuning. The restore worked seamlessly.

Very pleased to hear it! Did the restore have to move much around because of changing service IDs?

btw, I'm not going to be around for a couple of weeks so I'll have a lot of posts to catch up on when I get back!

Very pleased to hear it! Did the restore have to move much around because of changing service IDs?

It looks like there was a fair amount of chopping and changing to account for the revised channels, but no sign that it's gone wrong so far. I'll keep copies of the before and after backups in case I need to compare them again later.

Back