[webif] Web interface

Just got the keyword alerts via email set up.. looking good! Thanks for all your work on this.. the Toppy PVR was made brilliant by 3rd party developers & it looks like the same is happening with the HDR-Fox T2 :)

Excellent progress on this! Could I added a feature request/enquiry?

I'd be interested in locally hosting my own web page on the Humax. As the html server is obviously already there and running I guess that there is a location I can simply copy my html to for this to happen?

The ability to integrate the web interface within my own pages would be even better!

Thanks...

Wow, thanks for the super-fast reply! I should have been able to find that myself really :oops:.

My next request is a bit obscure so I'll start a new thread for it...

Hi, I've only just purchased my Humax after my Toppy hard drive died at the weekend, the 2nd time it had happend. I've loving the the web interface, so easy to set up, fantastic work, thank you!

Couple of queries:-

The EPG via the web interface is showing channels I've deleted via the Humax, it displays them at the top with a channel number of 0. Is there a way to remove these?

Also would it be possible to password protect the web interface, so that I can easily set it up to access remotely?

Thanks

In the web interface, go to "Settings" and select the appropriate "Channel group for epg". This assumes you've designated your selected channels as a Favourites group on the Hummy.

In the web interface, go to "Settings" and select the appropriate "Channel group for epg". This assumes you've designated your selected channels as a Favourites group on the Hummy.

Do I have to use a favourites group? The channels have been deleted as I'll never use them, so no reason to have a fav group for the remaining channels.

That's the way the web interface filters the channels for display. I assume it's looking directly at the online epg rather than "seeing" what the hummy sees. It's a simple enough process to copy all your remaining channels to a favourites group. Then you can tell the web interface to use that group, even if you don't actually select it on the hummy.

BTW: unlike older Humax boxes e.g. 9200T, there don't seem to be any particular performance advantages to deleting unwanted channels. Once you've created a favourites group it "sticks" through all normal operations on the box, so your unwanted channels never get in the way.

Forget my last post, I've installed the web interface.. :)

Is it just me or is recording via the web not available yet ?
The buttons are there, but I always get :
"Error encountered while scheduling the recording: Disabled during testing"
Is that just me ??

Thanks, just spotted that as you replied :)
I created the file on my Linux desktop and ftp'd it to /mod

Worked a treat !!

"The web interface starts indicating that a reboot is required and provides a 'restart now' button. The button will not appear if the box is busy accessing something on the media filesystem (recording, playing back, copying);"

My son is currently watching an episode of Hero's via the T2 streaming from my NAS drive.
The 'restart now' button has appeared, so streaming doesn't disable it from showing. Not a problem, just thought I'd mention it !!

Question about the .jim files that contain the main structure of the "web pages" can they be manually edited or do they need to be complied?

Back