[webif] Web interface

the custom portal accessed same as the normal tv portal once i've added the mod i assume?
I've not done it, but as far as I can gather - yes. Nothing else is integrated into the on-screen interface at all, because of the difficulty of tapping into it (although the custom portal might now provide a route to present a simplified web interface via a portal browser).

You can see some of the effects of the MSP through the standard user interface (a changed flag here, virtual USB drive there), but not control any of it.

Just noticed the following notifications whilst watching a recording.

745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Watching config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt (deleted)
745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Watching Output information may be incomplete.

I have not seen anything like this before.

Just noticed the following notifications whilst watching a recording.

745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Watching config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt (deleted)
745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Watching Output information may be incomplete.

I have not seen anything like this before.

The first file is related to the portal, and it may be that the custom portal hooks are being picked up by the web interface.. I'll do some poking around on my box.

Settings for epgkeywords plugin - EPG monitoring by keyword
The send test email option in this section does not work for me. Anybody any ideas what's wrong?
I have webif-epgkeywords 1.0.1 installed btw. 'The show matching EPG records' option works fine.

Settings for epgkeywords plugin - EPG monitoring by keyword
The send test email option in this section does not work for me. Anybody any ideas what's wrong?
I have webif-epgkeywords 1.0.1 installed btw. 'The show matching EPG records' option works fine.
Have you set your "SMTP Server for outbound email" in Email Settings?

Save last streamed content (e.g. iplayer/UTube)
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but this option produces a mp4 file with the BBC copy protection removed, i.e. it will now record/save to dvd/computer file. Oh I know that was probably the original intention. Anyways it is very useful, only just discovered it. A bit slow on the up take us silver haired guys.

Yes, I have. I receive auto-schedule emails.

I had bit of trouble getting this going. Couple of things to check. Auto Schedule emails (from the rs service) are not the same as the webif ones (at least I don't think so) when you say you receive auto schedule mails did you mean these? Next, mine were going into the Spam folder at first (that was on googlemail) so check there if not already. The last thing that caught me out was that once you've been told about something (or it thinks its told you) it won't tell you again so I couldn't work out why I never got many emails - it was because my search wasn't finding anything new over what it had told me about already.

[EDIT] ... and if you say which email service you're on we might be able to confirm a working SMTP in address to use. I have a working google one if you're on Gmail.

I'd recommend that you use the RS portal for keyword alerts rather than the EPG Keywords package now. The latter needs some work to being it up to scratch and has several known bugs!

Thanx both of you. I was using the RS portal as a preference, but still I wonder why the Test Email option doesn't work. I use Bt for emails and no they're not in the spam folder. Again thanx.

Thanx both of you. I was using the RS portal as a preference, but still I wonder why the Test Email option doesn't work. I use Bt for emails and no they're not in the spam folder. Again thanx.

Today is your lucky day - I remembered this post way back from af123 covering BT specifically...

Mark64 said: ↑

My ISP is BT and still requires password authentication to send mail, tried it anyway, with no success. Would really like to get this working so any info (layman's terms please) would be appreciated.​

af123 replied

BT will require authentication for you to send outbound mail to arbitrary recipients on the Internet via their dedicated smart host servers, but they won't require Joe Bloggs on the Internet to authenticate in order to send you email. It's just a matter of configuring the Humax to send to those public facing servers rather than the smart hosts.

If you go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ then you can put in your email domain name (the bit after the @ sign) and it will tell you which servers will accept mail for that address without authentication. Pick one of them to put in the Humax settings screen. For @btinternet.com for example, you need mx1.bt.mail.yahoo.com or mx2.bt.mail.yahoo.com.

Save last streamed content (e.g. iplayer/UTube)
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but this option produces a mp4 file with the BBC copy protection removed, i.e. it will now record/save to dvd/computer file. Oh I know that was probably the original intention. Anyways it is very useful, only just discovered it. A bit slow on the up take us silver haired guys.
Yes, this was a current topic of discussion a couple of months ago. Things do slip by un-noticed from time to time, which is one of the purposes of my index (sorry if I haven't actually indexed it yet).

Reports have been hit and miss about getting an outgoing email authentication - works for some, not for others. I think the RS is the way to go.

Decrypted a SD file and have the nice "DEC" icon to indicate it's been decrypted - nice touch. However, just tried to use the webif to right-click -> download on the decrypted file and it's only offering the "xxxx.ts" numeric file name from the database i.e. it'll download with decypting on the fly, not the new file. As it is now identified as decrypted, can the download option just offer to copy the new file as is, please.

I have just finished recording 'Sunday Morning Live'. I have not done anything with it and it has the Dec flag already.

I had noticed it on two other recordings yesterday, now deleted as part of an experiment.

I had looked in 192.168.0.5/img.html (substituting your own boxes I.P. address of course) but could not find it.

Thanks Raydon for that info.

Back