YouTube crash

No, not working here - I resorted to the RPi with OpenELEC 3.2 this weekend as a replacement I'm afraid...

Thanks for the confirmation that it's not just my box. Someone on a different forum told me his HD Fox-T2 has been working fine and he tested it with the top 5 popular videos!?. Does anyone know if humax towers are aware of this fault with YouTube on the HD Fox-T2?

I noticed last night that my HD box was crashing and re-booting each time I attempted to play a selected YouTube video. No CFW changes have been made since it was successfully playing these last. I'm tending to think it's a Humax server-side problem somehow. Haven't as yet tried the HDR box with YouTube videos - probably tonight.

Hi aber1,
I think it's a server side problem too. I've been on another humax forum to discuss this issue and from the feedback there it seems to be a problem with all HD boxes, but the HDR boxes are ok (I think that's because they use different software). The administrator on that forum has communicated the problem to humax towers yesterday for them to fix the issue with their servers.

I have just tried YouTube on my HD-FOX T2, and can confirm that there does still seem to be a problem. You can search for a video okay, but when you select one to play, the loading graphic freezes. The front panel display shows "Crash" followed by "Boot" as the box reboots.

It is continuing to be OK for my 1.00.20 HD-FOX-T2. I've used the most popular and results from some random searches.

There still is a problem, but it is not happening for everyone all the time or everyone some of the time.

YouTube works on my HD Fox-T2 for the "Charlie" (hdcyt) videos (most popular) and "Batdad". (Not my usual viewing!) My box is on 1.00.28 standard software.

Martin

"Batdad" has just caused my HD-FOX T2 to crash and reboot. I am using 1.02.29 CF 2.19.

Hi HumaxAndYouTube
Thanks for the reply and just to add to the mix, I can report that the HDR box played the YouTube videos successfully.
HDR-FOX T2 1.02.32/F2.16

Tried the HD box just now and it failed to play the YouTube videos, chose BatDad also which caused the box to crash and re-boot.
HD-FOX T2 1.02.29/F2.16.

So, to eliminate an obvious possibility:

1. Has anyone with Standard software had problems accessing You Tube? And, if so, what software version are you running?

2. Has anyone with the Customised software installed have a working You Tube connection on their HD Fox? And, if so, what software versions are you running?

Martin

BH, I am not knocking the CF, just that, to my eye, most of those reporting a problem on this site have CF installed.

I could also ask a question as to whether the boxes are connected by wireless, homeplugs or wired just to try to find a common parameter that "might" help to resolve the issue. It may be just a standard software version issue but that is what my questions are designed to elicit.

I've just watched the "Charlie Bit My Finger" video and am now watching the "What if You Stopped Sleeping" video.

It may be a Humax Server problem, but if so, why does it only affect certain HD-Fox T2s?

Martin

PS. I have not accessed the AppMarket. Another variable.

I have a vanilla HD-Fox T2, never had Custom Firmware installed running 1.02.29, but as you will see earlier in thread I tried reverting to earlier firmware versions with the same result.

My HD is connected via powerline adapters, and I've just tried my old wireless dongle - all same result: No working YouTube videos - see either 'invalid format' message or crash as described throughout this thread

All other functionality (via portal or elsewhere) works without issue - only YouTube has issues.

I did access the Appmarket, but since have deleted all installed apps, and disassociated the box with myHUMAX via the myHUMAX web interface.

Back