YouTube crash

I have now installed 1.03.06 CF2.19 on my humax HDR T2 and I can now watch\save the YouTube videos as I could in early september although as Ezra Pounds says the Custom TV Portal (Portal-Xtra1) is no longer working.

The Box was previousy running 1.02.32/cfw 2.19

My HDR T2 was bought back in late 2010 and appears to be running o.k. on 1.03.06 at the moment.

Is there any way to reduce hardware acceleration on the Humax HDR to see if that is the problem with You Tube and the 1.02.32 firmware ?)

The reason I ask this is that I had a similar problem on my (Windows XP) PC.... Today reducing the hardware acceleration on the display seemed to fix it.

Tonight I checked You tube on my PC. I was interested to see if the video card / hardware acceleration settings had any effect on You Tube on the PC. And it had! (By hardware acceleration I mean the settings on Windows XP at : Start>Control panel> Display>>Settings>>Advanced>>Troubleshoot>> Reduce hardware acceleration).

With the hardware acceleration reduced to zero (guage over to the left) the You Tube Video Played (with poor quality) on the PC. When I increased the hardware acceleration to maximum the You Tube Video did not play, did not load and the PC stopped responding then crashed/rebooted i.e. similar to what happens with the Humax HDR running 1.02.32.

This would lead me to suggest something You Tube changed (?Flash Plugin ?Java Update) has affected how the Video Card in the PC processes the video causing the crash. Similarly a HDR using 1.02.32 firmware will no longer play YouTube videos (unless You Tube undoes those changes or the firmware is updated as others have done above.).

That is why I asked was there any way to reduce the hardware acceleration on the Humax HDR but for all I know the Humax probally has not got a video card similar to those in PCS .

Back