YouTube crash

Hi All,
I emailed humax customer support on Saturday and received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

I am sorry for the trouble you have had. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix with Youtube to resolve this issue.

We hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Stephen M

Humax Customer Support"

Still not working on my box but looks like they are working on it.

I have difficulty understanding how it could be a YouTube problem when it still works on the HDR-FOX and used to work on the HD-FOX.

Does the HD-FOX have less RAM than HDR?

Perhaps something YouTube have done has taken the interface over the memory limit on the HD?

BH, I also cannot match a You Tube problem with the symptoms displayed and, if I may contest your statement at #42, You Tube still works on my HD Fox-T2.

My box is showing Invalid Format on "2013 Emmy's Neil Patrick Harris Opening ..." but plays "2013 Tony Awards: Neil Patrick Harris Opening ...". and "What if You Stopped Sleeping" just now.

So if it works on some and not others, what are the differences?

Is it because I have not accessed the App Market?

More data is required.

Martin

I've not accessed the market either, but last time I checked mine also crashed when opening a YouTube video. 1.02.29/2.15

Hi all just to add I'm having this issue with HDR-fox t2 !! not playing any youtube videos & reeboot.

Software FHTCP 1.02.28 a7.31 update 26 may 2012

Billy

I have also experienced the HDR resetting recently when trying to play certain YouTube Videos, there have always been YouTube videos that don't play on the HDR, however, they used to display an 'Incompatible Video' notice or maybe it just didn't play but you could still navigate away from the non-playing video, now it re-boots the HDR, so let's hope Humax are still on the case

Well, my HD Fox-T2 has joined the ranks of the re-booters when trying to access You Tube's "Charlie bit my finger again", which previously worked.

Martin

Just tried to play videos from YouTube via the custom portal.

Portal displays ok but when I select a video to play humax reboots after a couple of seconds of the "circular timer"

Logs show system has crashed but can't find any other info

Tried a few random videos and all did the same.

Anyone else got the same problem? Any suggestions as to diagnostics?

It's happening on my HDR box

I have the custom firmware installed but it happens from both the custom portal and the standard humax portal

No one else seems to have reported crashes on the HDR. I do have quite a few additional packages installed.

My initial though was lack of memory?

We are told that Humax and YouTube are working on this problem and I think they may have temporarily made it worse, It wouldn't surprise me if this is happening to all units that try to play the dodgy YouTube files. Playing YouTube videos on the Humax probably isn't that important to most users

Maybe there are only a few who play YouTube on an HDR. When the original reports of problems came in, it only seemed to affect HD-FOX (I checked). I have not checked again, but other posts suggest the situation has worsened.

... It wouldn't surprise me if this is happening to all units that try to play the dodgy YouTube files. ...
If you can tell me how to locate some of the dodgy YouTube files I'll have a go at breaking my HDR-FOX-T2 (1.03.06) by playing them.

From YouTube select Search >> New Keyword >> 'charlie bit' then highlight "Charlie bit my finger again !" >> OK, the Humax will freeze for a while and then re-boot

From YouTube select Search >> New Keyword >> 'charlie bit' then highlight "Charlie bit my finger again !" >> OK, the Humax will freeze for a while and then re-boot
Charlie bit my finger again plays OK for me on a HDR-FOX T2.

I am currently watching YouTube videos on a HDR-FOX T2 without any problems.

Back