YouTube crash

Strange, it still crashes for me, I wonder what the difference is, I have added an App. from the App. Market , but I would have thought it was that

Strange, it still crashes for me, I wonder what the difference is, I have added an App. from the App. Market , but I would have thought it was that
Which app?
I'm in two minds whether to add that to my pot to break mine.

I have not added any apps from the AppMarket.

My HD Fox-T2 originally worked ok with YouTube when others reported the problem but then started re-booting (see above) and it is still doing it - just tried "Charlie ..." and a "Star Tek in Darkness ..." video.

Not tried YouTube on my HDR Fox-T2.

Martin

The HDR that I tried earlier was my new hardware RE box running 1.03.06. I have just tried charlie on an old hardware HDR running 1.02.32, this caused it to crash and reboot. I then tried again on my RE box, and it played straight away.

Which app? I'm in two minds whether to add that to my pot to break mine.
I have added daily expres (yes I know it should be double s and upper case), Metronome, Vilanoise and Daily Star, all of which I have since removed, but the HDR still re-boots. However I don't think the re-boot is connected to loading Apps.

The HDR that I tried earlier was my new hardware RE box running 1.03.06. I have just tried charlie on an old hardware HDR running 1.02.32, this caused it to crash and reboot. I then tried again on my RE box, and it played straight away.
So they have changed the way the TV portal works in 1.03.06, that would explain why the Custom TV Portal (Portal Xtra1) is not working with this new release

My HDR FoxT2 (CFW) front panel displays "Crash - Wait" followed by "Rebooting in ..." upon starting streaming from Youtube, every video I've tried in the last 2 weeks.
Worked fine 3 weeks ago.

I tried HDR1 running 1.02.32/cfw 2.19 and it crashes when I tried to watch a YouTube video I viewed 2 weeks ago on HDR2. Cant try HDR2 now as in use.

Edit on HDR2 (1.03.06/cfw2.19) the same video plays no problem.

Edit on HDR2 (1.03.06/cfw2.19) the same video plays no problem.

I installed 1.03.06/cfw2.19 on HDR2 (HDR FOX T2/GB/1TB) by mistake. So I reinstalled the official firmware 1.02.32 and then the customised firmware 1.02.32/2.19. Now with the 1.02.32/2.19 the You Tube video does not play and the box crashes. On 27/9/13 I was able to play that video using 1.02.32/2.19

When the you tube video loads was the Icon always 8 bars in a circle or was it a circle of dots similar to when the (old) I player is loading?

So they have changed the way the TV portal works in 1.03.06, that would explain why the Custom TV Portal (Portal Xtra1) is not working with this new release
It would be interesting to know if an old hardware box running 1.03.06 would play YouTube videos.

It would be interesting to know if an old hardware box running 1.03.06 would play YouTube videos.
Yes an old hardware box running 1.03.06 can play YouTube videos, including charlie. Mine does.

I Installed cfw 1.02.32/cfw 2.19 around sept. 7th. 2013. YouTube was definitely working then, I watch podcasts that run between 1hr. and 1.5hrs. I could pause, rewind, play etc. without a glitch, after reading this thread I decided to check it out. Trying to play the exact podcasts that I played only 3-4 weeks ago now crashes my HDR Fox T2 within seconds of trying to start/play them.

Agree the two threads could be merged as it appears the issue is not related to the customised firmware or even specific to the HDR. Interesting that some can still play YouTube videos. Those with problems seem to be reporting they started in September.
Not spotted any commonality/differences between those reporting it working and those where it crashes.

Don't use YouTube that regularly but intrigued as to the cause

Just read the thread on 1.03.06 I wonder if YouTube is now only working with the opera browser that comes with it?

Not clear from above what version of fw those who can successfully play it have.

As humax have acknowledged the problem maybe the plan is to release 1.03.06 officially to fix the problem but they are checking first that it works fully with all the old hardware (or watching this forum till people here have checked it!)

I have merged the two threads as requested.

As an experiment, I have just tried playing a YouTube video on an old hardware HDR running 1.02.32 CF 2.19, this caused the crash and reboot as expected. I then installed 1.03.06 CF 2.19 and played the same video without any problem. So it would seem that a quick fix for the HDR YouTube problem is to install 1.03.06 CF 2.19.

...I then installed 1.03.06 CF 2.19 and played the same video without any problem. So it would seem that a quick fix for the HDR YouTube problem is to install 1.03.06 CF 2.19.
I'll give it a go when I've the time... At least with earlier HW version we have the option to re-install an earlier FW.

Yep working for me with 1.03.06 as well

App store working as well but not checked it for a while so don't know if this is due to 1.03.06 or it was working before

Just installed twitter and sent my first tweet from the box #becauseican

Is there any way to reduce hardware acceleration on the Humax HDR to see if that is the problem with You Tube and the 1.02.32 firmware ? Or would that have to be done at the Humax Portal end? (I already realise that You Tube works fine on 1.03.06/cfw 2.19)

The reason I ask this is that I had a similar problem on my (Windows XP) PC. A game on c-beebies that the kids played froze and seemed to be locked in a loop then the PC crashed. Today reducing the hardware acceleration on the display seemed to fix it.

Back