Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

Latest local news from the BBC:
A hospital has become the first in England to trial booked A&E appointments.

I'm so glad it wasn't a Lidl or library :rolling:

That'll probably work quite a bit less effectively as 111 (or do you have to book your appointment through them anyway.
With any luck and a following wind it will stop at least some of the shirkers who block up A&E rather than going to see their doctor (next month).

A hospital has become the first in England to trial booked A&E appointments.
I must be losing it. I cannot work out how you can book A&E appointments. The clue is in the name Accident and Emergency. How do you pre-book an accident? (Insurance fiddles aside). It sounds more like a bookable walk-in centre. :confused:

Yes, the clue A&E is in the name. Both you and I seem to understand that, but shedloads of peeps don't and (correctly) think it's a quick way of seeing a doctor. The problem is, that A&E staff seem to let them in instead of sending them packing to see their doctor or wait until 'it's' gone tomorrow morning.

Top Cop??? even Top Cat would have realised that.
If they are not behaving in a pub, then shut it down as the staff obviously can't cope.

I must improve my observation skills. I looked at post #154 and thought, "what's wrong?". I'd never heard of Falkland Palace - even thought it might be somewhere near (Port) Stanley. Quick search on the web sorted that one.
I don't think geography is taught in school these days. :(
Not even sure it was taught to a sufficient level to know where Falkland Palace is in my time at school.
And then I spotted the map. Doh! Not the first time broadcasters have made such a mess. :roflmao:

You're assuming that was a mistake 🤔
Oh it definitely was! The "beer gardens open from today" text was scrolling all the measures relevant to Scotland at the time, and I was so fixated by it I didn't notice anything equivalent for Wales.

Back