[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

I just updated the foscam.jim so that when the green button is pressed, the webcam image is zoomed to near the full screen size and made completely opaque. Pressing green again reverses the process (it goes back to the top left corner and slightly translucent)

To confirm I have the same issue with Sky Player - this may well me because Sky have removed the ondemand options for licensing issues until it is fully realeased after they ahve realised we have 'hacked' into it.

I'd be glad we have this and leave it at that. I'm sure it will show up and work as soon as it is ready (which by Humax standards will be a few years!)

That would be really cool. Imagine having one in the kitchen so you can watch the cakes burning while fiddling with the Hummy.

Here's a version which just shows a slightly transparent image in the top left corner and refreshes it. It also allows pan/tilt using the arrow keys on the remote control - feels a bit weird controlling the camera with the TV remote though!

http://hummypkg.org.uk/foscam.jim

Also use the red button to reload the page (useful when making code/layout changes) and back or blue to go back to the custom portal start screen.
I have managed to ftp to the test1.jim and tried copying the code foscam so that the only code in test1 was foscam code. It didn't work. Do I keep the original/ part of the original code in test1. I used notepad for editing if that matters.

I have managed to ftp to the test1.jim and tried copying the code foscam so that the only code in test1 was foscam code. It didn't work. Do I keep the original/ part of the original code in test1. I used notepad for editing if that matters.
The new foscam.jim completely replaces test1.jim - you need to edit it to update the IP address of the camera and the username/password, but otherwise it should work. Notepad is likely to mess up the newlines (convert them to DOS style) which will break it.

You can use the dos2unix command on the humax via telnet to fix that though:

Code:
humax# cd /mod/var/mongoose/portal
humax# dos2unix test1.jim > unixtest1.jim
humax# cp unixtest1.jim test1.jim

The new foscam.jim completely replaces test1.jim - you need to edit it to update the IP address of the camera and the username/password, but otherwise it should work. Notepad is likely to mess up the newlines (convert them to DOS style) which will break it.

You can use the dos2unix command on the humax via telnet to fix that though:

Code:
humax# cd /mod/var/mongoose/portal
humax# dos2unix test1.jim > unixtest1.jim
humax# cp unixtest1.jim test1.jim
So after the change the file in the humax should be called foscam.jim or still test1.jim just with the new code inside.

So after the change the file in the humax should be called foscam.jim or still test1.jim just with the new code inside.
Yes, unless you want to modify the main portal launcher to call foscam.jim - eventually I intend to release a foscam plugin that you can just install which will have a web-based configuration screen etc. but this is just a work in progress for anyone who wants to get involved.

I've pushed out the camera extension as a portal plugin, so it's available as a package called portal-foscam.

It adds a section to the webif settings page for configuring the camera IP, user and password (see below) and a new button in the portal itself to launch the app.

foscamsettings.png

I'll take a look tonight. Do you know off hand if it can stream on an iPhone/iPad? does it need an account to be able to stream?

I believe it can be streamed to an iphone but I've an Android( which it works on) and unfortunately you do need a subscription £ 6 for 2 months. I'm more than happy to l "lend " you my log on details if you want them.
Thanks

Ok, yes it has an iPhone stream which will more than likely be MP4 so we could use that, but the account handling, login, and building a channel list are all a bit beyond my skills at the moment. :confused:

Yeah I saw it and read the python script.
It's building an rmtp stream using the flash stream.
I'm not at that level yet.

Facebook, what it think is Orange CineHome, and a few others Napster and some internet radio (not sure if they're region locked) are on the portal test page test.humaxtvportal.com , can these be added or still in their infancy? Sorry if this is ground already covered.

Interesting. Had not noticed these.
Unfortunately, it looks like we are locked out.
The page wont load on the box and although I can reach the Facebook app, it won't login.

Back