Media mistakes

As one side of my family has a variant of that surname I can assure you that the pronunciation hinted at by that headline is not correct anywhere! As a teacher once said to my aunt “is that really your name?”. Even teachers get it wrong.

The online version of the Nottingham Post has a page of photographs of sights you'll probably never see again in Nottingham.
Header for one picture - "An giant policeman - and a boxing legend" :disagree:

Isn't that the whole problem though – people deciding to take offence by proxy? Neither is something racist unless it is discriminatory. Describing somebody as a "Paki" is a statement of fact, but "Pakis go home" is racist (substitute whatever racial or religious label you prefer). I doubt there are many complaints when Brits are referred to as "Limeys".

Isn't that the whole problem though – people deciding to take offence by proxy? Neither is something racist unless it is discriminatory. Describing somebody as a "Paki" is a statement of fact, but "Pakis go home" is racist (substitute whatever racial or religious label you prefer). I doubt there are many complaints when Brits are referred to as "Limeys".
As we are on the subject, I demand that you change your name to something less offensive, If you are unwilling to totally change your title I suggest that Non ethnicity specific orifice would be acceptable.

Epic fail on the BBC One 1pm news:
guideance.png
The level of incompetence is just staggering sometimes.
Still, I suppose we have to have representation in the media for people who can't spell, as well as those who can.

Are you suggesting that Hadrian's Wall should have been built slightly north of Watford ? :)
Judging by the amount of money that is spent by the government in the South, the metropolitan elite obviously see a virtual wall slightly north of Watford.

Judging by the amount of money that is spent by the government in the South, the metropolitan elite obviously see a virtual wall slightly north of Watford.
Maybe they are just saving the North's share for Boris's tunnel to Ireland.

Like they'll be flying Union Jacks in those highly partizan parts of the Union – ie Wales and Scotland!

Maybe they are just saving the North's share for Boris's tunnel to Ireland.
Not a bad idea tho'. Having survived a rough crossing to Dublin, it would be my preferred route into the North (and South).

Not a bad idea tho'. Having survived a rough crossing to Dublin, it would be my preferred route into the North (and South).
Don't hold your breath, with our growing debt the best you can hope for will be a zip line.

Back