Media mistakes

A tram replacement tram service.
Sort of. Two of the termini aren't on the main Nottingham bus provider routes. So if there's a blockage a tram caught beyond the blockage might run from the terminus to a stop near a suitable City Transport bus stop - and back (assuming there is one in the blocked/trapped/orphaned section). In this case, I suspect the tram broke down at a platform. With 3 platforms left, a full service could be run to one terminus - and a shuttle service between the other open platform and Hucknall. It may be that they should have said there was no through service. (Edit) Although the reference to using NCT yellow line buses confuses the post even more.

Last edited:
Wikipedia quotes "38,000 megalitres",
I was just reading an official report about flooding and early on it used megalitres (million litres), but then seemed to use million litres thereafter. (I didn't read the whole thing end to end, so they might have flipped and flipped a bit.)

Model boats?
Nah. They need a big swimming pool, ideally a lake.

Hence the references to small swimming pools.
Sometimes I wonder whether my attempts at levity go over some people's head (obviously neither you nor trog). And I even did a similar calculation to you to determine whether a small swimming pool sounded about right. Ye gods! It can be hard work sometimes!

Sometimes I wonder whether my attempts at levity go over some people's head (obviously neither you nor trog). And I even did a similar calculation to you to determine whether a small swimming pool sounded about right. Ye gods! It can be hard work sometimes!
It was not about it being a joke that caused me to react just the fact your post made no mention at all of 38 mil cubic m, you clearly only posted the part of Robobunny's post that said 38 cubic m. Don't question your sense of humour it was only a Sine of his inability to correctly read your post.

Last edited:
Back