New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

The clock can only be one minute wrong maximum.

As I understand it the clock on the HDR Fox T2 is only set over the air after a hard power cycle, not when coming out of standby. So it free runs for months on end, and probably gets corrected twice a year on the summer time / winter time change. I remember finding this information on this or another forum because I was quite surprised it would be like that, but when I asked I was assured it was. Has the story now change?

The OTA was also pulled from the Winter Hill transmitter about 17:00 on Thursday.

Was this just an error or was there a problem with the update?

As I understand it the clock on the HDR Fox T2 is only set over the air after a hard power cycle, not when coming out of standby. So it free runs for months on end, and probably gets corrected twice a year on the summer time / winter time change. I remember finding this information on this or another forum because I was quite surprised it would be like that, but when I asked I was assured it was. Has the story now change?
The system clock corrects to EPG time if it drifts more than 60 seconds either way. See HERE (click).

The system clock corrects to EPG time if it drifts more than 60 seconds either way. See HERE (click).

Ah, so it's more complicated than we thought. Thanks for that.

On my HDR Fox T2 I run the ntp client so it never gets much out of step at all. Given I'm using padding I believe this is quite important, a few minutes of padding is quite vulnerable to clock drift and delayed programmes. I can eliminate the clock drift so I do.

So the EPG is now YouView compatible (ie. slow) in 1.03.xx. Sigh. Two steps forwards and one step backwards. Why do all companies seem to be a bunch of incompetents when it comes to writing and releasing software? It's not that hard you just have to get it right and know what you are doing. I write software for a living.

I was hoping they fixed the slow epg, so it means that I won't bother with this even if improved iplayer is there. AAAAAAAAAAgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. humax. love/hate relationship.

There is a report on MyHumax that a factory reset speeds up the epg .
Which does what exactly? Obviously it puts all your settings back to defaults and deletes all your channels. So this has the effect of changing some of the sqlite database files. You then go and put all your settings and channels back as they were.
What exactly have you achieved and how does this affect how the speed of the EPG works?

Well it works.. So something is going on as I've said before. Something is either being corrupted or becoming bloated which is reset by the factory reset. We were originally looking at the epg date range, but I think af123 eliminated that one..

It doesn't reset the CF, it just resets the main settings of the box.

How would a factory reset effect the custom firmware.
Would I just have to re-flash it with the custom firmware?
Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default clears all the user settings and initiates the installation wizard (retune etc) therefore clears your recording schedule, but it does nothing to the firmware or existing recordings. Custom firmware users can restore their schedule and favourites from the WebIF.

Well it works.. So something is going on as I've said before. Something is either being corrupted or becoming bloated which is reset by the factory reset. We were originally looking at the epg date range, but I think af123 eliminated that one..

It doesn't reset the CF, it just resets the main settings of the box.

Doesn't work for everyone I'm afraid. Even with a factory reset and no scheduled recordings my EPG is still slow to the point of being unusable with any of the 1.03.xx versions.

I have yet to update to 1.03.12, currently running 1.03.11 on two of my HDR's. At the moment I cannot say I have much lag on either box, although I am not saying I don't have any.

I am planning on updating them tonight, so any difference will be noticeable.

For the record, I keep my recording scheduled clear of expired entries. My OCD takes care of that!

The OTA was also pulled from the Winter Hill transmitter about 17:00 on Thursday.

Was this just an error or was there a problem with the update?
I noticed the same from Sutton Coldfield. Next week's repeat OTA has been removed from the DTT schedule too.

Both HDR's updated successfully. Disable-OTA removed.

I cannot say I have noticed any more/less EPG lag going from 1.03.11 to 1.03.12

Back