[redring] Show red LED ring when recording in standby + other options...

I noticed it as well when I used Redring. As I remember, it appeared to be happening roughly every 45 seconds and was so short that, in my case, you would only notice it if you happened to be watching the display at the moment it happened.
Unfortunately I had to give up on Redring because it made the remote control response sluggish. I now have a piece of black insulating tape over my front display so that I cannot see the scrolling program info.
To be honest, I never understood why Humax put the display on the front in the first place. Neither my Tivo nor Sky + box have one. At least they have got rid of it on the HDR-2000T.

I've just uploaded version 2.12 which improves compatibility with the recent Humax firmwares (1.03.xx). There are some new subtle timing issues with these versions that can cause the ring to stay blue on shutdown and, in rare cases, prevent subsequent wake-ups. This update should fix those issues.

I've just uploaded version 2.12 which improves compatibility with the recent Humax firmwares (1.03.xx). There are some new subtle timing issues with these versions that can cause the ring to stay blue on shutdown and, in rare cases, prevent subsequent wake-ups. This update should fix those issues.

Ah, I've been having problems with it staying blue. This explains it.

Despite having upgraded to RedRing 2.12, I'm still having instances of HDR Fox T2 boxes put into standby showing a blue LED. It's happened at least twice on my boxes, once on my parents, and once on my aunts (that she's reported). These are all running 1.03.12 Humax software.

The LED will remain blue if the Humax is in a 'half awake state', so it may me worth checking if the unit really is in standby. See the link HERE

mihaid : Would uninstalling redring delete the redring log?

No, if a log exists it won't be overwritten. You can back it up if you want from Telnet :-

Code:
cp /mod/tmp/redring.log /mod/tmp/redring-old.log

Who are you advising does that for what? Does it fix missing log files, or blue LED when the box is off?
#333 was a reply to #332

Nothing is going to re-create missing log files, the best you can hope for is that logs start getting updated from now on

My redring log seems to have stopped logging Monday night. see picture on post 4 http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/package-management-all-packages-have-disappeared.5103/#post-65104 How can I force it back into action?

It's not something I usually look at, but I just did and mine also has no entries after Monday night (26 May).
I'm not sure but I might have installed an update for it that night (the last entry looks about the sort of time of night I often do a bit of Hummy housekeeping).

Back