[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Thanks af123. I reported not having any channels in the Auto drop down list last month but it's fixed now.

I have just ordered a second HDR Fox T2 (brand new), mainly to be kept as a spare. However, I would like to set it up firmware wise, the same as my existing unit. To that end I would like to register it with the Remote Scheduling service.

I have searched here but not found the answer.

As I already have a unit registered, is it simply a case of entering the same email details etal as I did when registering my existing unit? I assume it is the MAC address that is the unique identifier.

This is hypothetical at the moment as I have not received the unit yet.

Yes, just register the new one against the same email address and you'll see both when you log into RS.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

I'm seeing these messages in the rs log more and more recently. I think they're for events that I've cancelled via the mobile version of the remote scheduler (if that's relevant). I just have to remove them from my schedule on the box via the blue button on the remote control.

30/06/2013 16:10:34 !Cannot find event.
30/06/2013 16:10:34 Processing command 'unschedule pending'
30/06/2013 16:00:50 !Cannot find event.
30/06/2013 16:00:50 Processing command 'unschedule pending'
30/06/2013 15:50:53 !Cannot find event.
30/06/2013 15:50:53 Processing command 'unschedule pending'
30/06/2013 15:40:52 !Cannot find event.
30/06/2013 15:40:51 Processing command 'unschedule pending'
30/06/2013 15:33:19 !Cannot find event.
30/06/2013 15:33:18 Processing command 'unschedule pending'
30/06/2013 15:33:11 System booted.

Those log entries don't surprise me if they're made while the box is turned off.
You are cancelling things which are in the pending area (i.e. things waiting to be added to the schedule on the next boot). If you unschedule them when the box is offline then by the time the commands are processed the recordings have been moved into the live schedule area.

I have set up remote scheduling on my HD-T2 and it's working fine for manual recordings but I have two automatic entries which don't seem to be triggering anything in the schedule, even though there are matching events.

I created the auto entries two days ago to schedule series events but so far nothing has happened. I missed two programmes this morning which should have recorded.

How frequently do the auto entries check for matching events and create new scheduled events? Is there any way of forcing this and how can I check what went wrong?

The only other factor which may be relevant is that I also have an HDR which is set up in rs scheduling but it's switched off right now. I did get an email this morning warning me about failed recordings on the HDR but nothing about the HD. I have this morning removed the HDR from the rs scheduling portal as I intend to just use the HD from now on.

How frequently do the auto entries check for matching events and create new scheduled events? Is there any way of forcing this and how can I check what went wrong?

It's once a day, around 9am. If you let me know the unique ID of your box (from the RS Settings screen) I can take a look at the logs on the server.

Thanks af123, the unique ID is c152531505

The two series I'm trying to schedule are both on before 9am in the morning so I guess I'll have to schedule them manually for tomorrow?

Those log entries don't surprise me if they're made while the box is turned off.
You are cancelling things which are in the pending area (i.e. things waiting to be added to the schedule on the next boot). If you unschedule them when the box is offline then by the time the commands are processed the recordings have been moved into the live schedule area.

I'm confused now then :confused:. The entries follow a "System Booted" message, so the box is on, and I always thought that you could manage your scheduled recording via RS whether the box was on or not.

Not sure if you've done something, af123, but it seems to be working now. A load of scheduled events just appeared on the HD!

Bit of a feature request...

You know how we can change the destination folder for series links. Would it be possible to do the same for one off recordings?
Essentially I keep all my film recordings in a "Movie" folder. Would be nice if I could send them straight there without having to move them on the box...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

The Web-If would need something to look for, I guess the Genre flags, e.g. 'Movie (Film/Drama)' would work, possible coupled with a duration check to exclude short recordings
BTW
I presume the Web-If and Remote Scheduler have 'grouped' together Genres from the on-screen >> Find >> Genre categories to create new ones e.g. on-screen 'Movie' + 'Drama' to make Film/Drama

The Genres in the EPG data don't match those assigned to completed recordings (no idea why).

Bit of a feature request...

You know how we can change the destination folder for series links. Would it be possible to do the same for one off recordings?
Essentially I keep all my film recordings in a "Movie" folder. Would be nice if I could send them straight there without having to move them on the box...
It is not possible to set a folder for a non-series recording to record into. The only alternative will be the proposed classifier package, intended to move recordings (once complete) from the My Video folder to specific sub-folders according to a user-defined set of rules.

Coo! Just got my first email from rs for ages!

So, there is a 3D broadcast on Freeview Channel 5, Saturday morning at 9.40am. Now that I have to see, given I have never seen any 3D broadcasts in SD before.

How is RS feeling for speed today? Made some changes yesterday which should improve things.

So, there is a 3D broadcast on Freeview Channel 5, Saturday morning at 9.40am. Now that I have to see, given I have never seen any 3D broadcasts in SD before.
I suspect that this will be for Red/Green 3D specs. (No 3D TV required), rather than side by side 3D i.e. the old way of doing it

How is RS feeling for speed today? Made some changes yesterday which should improve things.
It still seems to be rather slow, I have just done a few tests loading various pages for different registered devices, and the page load times were on average between 30 - 45 seconds.

Back