New firmware available - with media server feature :)

I think i'm being stupid. I'll get that in to start. Now here goes the question.
I'm still using XP home edition, how do I see the files on my HDR to watch on my computer? How do I locate the hummy and which programmes should i be using on my PC? I've already turned on media sharing option on the box.

I think i'm being stupid. I'll get that in to start. Now here goes the question.
I'm still using XP home edition, how do I see the files on my HDR to watch on my computer? How do I locate the hummy and which programmes should i be using on my PC? I've already turned on media sharing option on the box.

Just set up XBMC on my missus' little netbook which uses WinXP. Go to videos -> Add Source -> Browse -> UPnP Devices -> Wait a little while for the program to search for attached devices, and voilà! Keep clicking through all the folders until you get to the list that you want your shortcut to point at.

Edit - Oops sorry Framedtoo didn't see your earlier post above mine.

Just set up XBMC on my missus' little netbook which uses WinXP. Go to videos -> Add Source -> Browse -> UPnP Devices -> Wait a little while for the program to search for attached devices, and voilà! Keep clicking through all the folders until you get to the list that you want your shortcut to point at.

Edit - Oops sorry Framedtoo didn't see your earlier post above mine.

its ok, yours is more descriptive anyway ( im lazy):)

I've got mine working through XBMC for video. Now I just need anything else to see it, and I want to access the radio as well - preferably via my mobile.

Doe the Hummy have a url I can link to for the stream?? All my apps are asking for a url type link, but I only know the ip address.

I just read framedtoo's feature request thread. Is it the case then that the media server only runs when the box is relatively idle? If so, that would explain the mixed results that people are having and why I suddenly lost access to it when a recording started!

I just read framedtoo's feature request thread. Is it the case then that the media server only runs when the box is relatively idle? If so, that would explain the mixed results that people are having and why I suddenly lost access to it when a recording started!

when ever i try to stream off the humax, and it is doing anything more than freeview ie playing a recording/youtube ect.

the pc and the laptop cant find it

i'm using XBMC to stream to the pc and laptop

when ever i try to stream off the humax, and it is doing anything more than freeview ie playing a recording/youtube ect.

the pc and the laptop cant find it

i'm using XBMC to stream to the pc and laptop

it seems to be working ok now taping, playing and streaming all at the same time

Has anyone had success in streaming from their Humax HDR-T2 to either Windows XP or 7 in Windows Media Player since the latest upgrade?

My setup is as follows - I'm using a Netgear DG834G v3 router wired into my Hummy and connects wirelessly to my 2 PC's (one XP, one Windows 7) I have been able to stream all media from both PC's to my Hummy for a while now, but the other way round is a pain. I have tried XBMC with no luck. Windows 7 sees the Hummy in media player in the navigation pane and as part of the network but will not play any media, if I attempt to see the videos (or any other media) I get the error message 'No files have been found on this remote library'. Media streaming has been selected in the advanced options. I have Norton 360 installed on both PC's but either firewall on or off makes no difference. As far as the Hummy goes, I have been through the setting until the cows come home, and either hardwired or wirelessly or DCHP or manual makes no difference in this part of the menu.

Any advice anyone?

I've just activated the media server (while a recording was already in progress) and I've just streamed an SD video toWMP on a Windows 7 PC. In fact there are 2 SD programmes being recorded at the moment and 'top' is still only reporting the humaxtv process using 20% of the processor power.

Shopps - I think some Windows 7 problems may be related to Homegroups, but I can't find a reference to the issue right now.

Has anyone had success in streaming from their Humax HDR-T2 to either Windows XP or 7 in Windows Media Player since the latest upgrade?

My setup is as follows - I'm using a Netgear DG834G v3 router wired into my Hummy and connects wirelessly to my 2 PC's (one XP, one Windows 7) I have been able to stream all media from both PC's to my Hummy for a while now, but the other way round is a pain. I have tried XBMC with no luck. Windows 7 sees the Hummy in media player in the navigation pane and as part of the network but will not play any media, if I attempt to see the videos (or any other media) I get the error message 'No files have been found on this remote library'. Media streaming has been selected in the advanced options. I have Norton 360 installed on both PC's but either firewall on or off makes no difference. As far as the Hummy goes, I have been through the setting until the cows come home, and either hardwired or wirelessly or DCHP or manual makes no difference in this part of the menu.

Any advice anyone?

XBMC seems to be one of the few programmes that work

make sure the humax is not playing anything then follow the process below

start XBMC
video
Add source
browse
Upnp Devices

once there you should see the humax

Works for me using VLC on Ubuntu and OS X :) but, obviously, only SD progs. Does that HMT program someone posted here work for DLNA streaming as well as copying to USB?

Anyone know of an app for iphone that allows you to stream from humax to iphone? Have tried a few all can see the folder>files on the humax but are unable to playback .ts files

thanks

Same here. I think it's because MPEG2, which is what the .ts files are, is not a supported format. Even on a Mac you can't view the in QuickTime unless you get (buy) the MPEG2 extension pack. IIRC it's a licensing issue

Back