[webif] Web interface

IE6 isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore so anyone who still uses it deserves all they get! ;-)

It can be seen as a compliment to all your hard work when the main cause of 'complaint' is as minor as this.

I for one, really appreciate your hard work and I know many, many more feel the same.

I have a problem with some channels missing. For example channel 4 and 5.

These appear fine on the human peg but not on the web if epg. Anyone else seen this?

I have a problem with some channels missing. For example channel 4 and 5.

These appear fine on the human peg but not on the web if epg. Anyone else seen this?
No, I haven't seen that. The webif EPG should display all available channels. The only exception is if you have a favourites list configured and have told the webif to only display channels from that list. It might be worth checking the webif Settings screen to see if that option is enabled.

I've just uploaded webif 0.7.4 which has a couple of new features in it:
  • Save last streamed content - if you navigate to a folder using the media browser, and there is a copy of some recently streamed content on the hard disk, then you can save that content to a file. The webif will prompt you for the destination filename.
  • Deduplicate/tidy option in the webif. This is similar to the functionality of the dedup package in that it takes everything in the current folder and renames the files and updates the media titles to reflect the content, and files duplicates away in a sub-folder. When you first click the button it shows you what would be done and there is a further button to execute the changes. This feature works very well with series that include the episode number and name at the start of the synopsis.

No, I haven't seen that. The webif EPG should display all available channels. The only exception is if you have a favourites list configured and have told the webif to only display channels from that list. It might be worth checking the webif Settings screen to see if that option is enabled.

I didnt have any favourites set but after updating to new version, all the channels are present. Weird but all ok. Thanks for the good work.

Just having been through "the process" again (and added it to my blog), there are still a couple of usability improvements that could be made:

First, on the initial minimal web page when it says something like "you now need to reboot your Humax", we have the technology to reboot the box from the web page, don't we?

Second, I wouldn't have needed to use Telnet at all if there was a button to do "opkg update && opkg upgrade" (or maybe even "rm -rf /mod/*") in the service options.

I wouldn't have needed to use Telnet at all if there was a button to do "opkg update && opkg upgrade" (or maybe even "rm -rf /mod/*") in the service options.

Yes I'm with Black Hole on this one - I still use Telnet to keep things up to date because it's easier than installing the latest versions one by one on the webif. A one button option for "Update All" which does the package update and upgrade commands in one click would be very handy alongside the current screens for individually choosing the upgrades if required.

First, on the initial minimal web page when it says something like "you now need to reboot your Humax", we have the technology to reboot the box from the web page, don't we?

We do, but it's always better to let the Humax software handle the reboot if possible, and since you're (probably) in front of the box anyway at this stage, why not? The initial web interface is also handled by a tiny self contained web server that I wrote (it's embedded in the custom firmware where there isn't much space) and reboot support isn't currently part of it.

Second, I wouldn't have needed to use Telnet at all if there was a button to do "opkg update && opkg upgrade" (or maybe even "rm -rf /mod/*") in the service options.

Agreed - I'll add both of those in a future version. How many confirmation screens for the latter ? : )

Are you sure? Are you really sure??

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave???
Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question!!!!

You could always 'stop watching' this thread and just pop in from time to time.

Ooh. There's another email..,

Back